All listings for this product
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $37.99Trending at $43.55
- $6.48Trending at $6.57
- $27.99Trending at $39.99
- $17.94Trending at $21.40
- $34.49Trending at $34.99
- $16.95Trending at $19.98
- $19.95Trending at $22.30
About this product
- Product InformationIn the style of a traditional, top-down console RPG, Astonishia Story invites gamers to a medieval fantasy land, full of knights, wizards, evil creatures, and an epic quest. The magical, sacred Wand of Kinan has been stolen. In the role of Lloyd, the only guardian knight to survive the thieves' sneak attack, players are honor-bound to recover the wand for the king. The game features over a dozen friendly NPCs that may be recruited to the cause, several large areas to explore, and plenty of elves, bandits, and monsters to battle along the way. The game's interface is designed to be easily navigated, and a "save-any-time" feature is well-suited to portable play.
- GameAstonishia Story
- PlatformSony PSP
- ESRB RatingE10+ - Everyone 10+
- ESRB DescriptorAnimated Blood, Fantasy Violence, Language, Use of Alcohol
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year2006
- Game Special Features<li>Play as Lloyd and recover the wand for the king<br/><br/><li>Features over a dozen NPCs that may be recruited to the cause, several areas to explore, and plenty battles along the wa<br/><br/><li>Includes a "save-any-time" feature<br/><br/>
Most relevant reviews
- e1cd2a7b58bda11...Sep 08, 2009by
Old School at it's best.
If you love old school games like Chrono Trigger, combined with the a well balanced storyline, then Astonishia Story is worth considering picking up. I just got the game today myself but from the game play and style, I really enjoy it. So many games throw as many complicated CGI graphics at you or special effects to attract you to the game and fall short when it comes to actual gameplay. This game keeps it simple but doesn't fall short of it's mark. Sometimes simple is better when it comes to a 2D environment RPG platform game. My only complaint is that the game itself isn't overly long, but a lot of RPG games aren't. The character classes were nice but simple, but the attacks were nicely done. Monsters aren't very challenging but the bosses could get very hard to beat at times. Hope this review helps, and enjoy. Read full review
- lenieve9284Mar 21, 2007by
Welcome to the world of miscommunication
Astonishia is not an entirely bad game just not a very good one. You begin the story as Lloyd, a knight from the Palmira state, who is assigned along with his commander Lance to deliver the Staff of Cainan back to the royal family. The platoon is later ambushed by Francis, a knight from Ferarin, who wipes out everyone in Lance's platoon exept for Lloyd and makes off with the staff. The Griffon seal on Francis' cape is the only clue Lloyd has as to how to find him and when Lloyd finally awakes he sets off on a journey to recover the staff. The game lasts only about 20 hours and makes almost no sense because when it was translated from Korean to English most of the text was mistranslated. So now you are pretty much lost in a game that has a weird story that makes no sense. The game is also rushed and you can miss out on certain events because you are not able to go back to places that you might have visited before. Combine that with the mistranslation of the game and you will find yourself lost in what to do next. Astonishia also uses a turned-based battle system that many will grow tired of quickly. The battle system is messed up because at the end of each battle bonus points are rewarded to whichever character did the most damage. This means that stronger characters will level up quicker and that the weaker ones will remain weak. All of this combined with the weird story makes Astonishia a game to avoid. I can only recommend this game to those who are really desperate for an RPG for their PSP;otherwise, don't set your sights this low and go for something better like the Legend of Heroes series. Read full review
- kiantasOct 06, 2006by
great game loads resonably fast. If you have version 1.5 PSP it only takes 200 MB to back it up. Backing up the game to memory card will make it load alot faster. Gameplay is very similar to Final Fantasy series. many characters join your party through out the game. It maybe required to keep notes as there is no journal in the game and you may forget what a character tells you or where you have to go. The game will not allow you to go back through a cave you came from if your mission means for you to go else where so it helps you stay on track if you do forget your mission. all and all its a great game that takes a good amount of time to complete.
- tawnja_hawaiiJul 25, 2007by
I thought the game was fun...it was similar to and reminded me of an updated version of the old Zelda I used to play on Nintendo--with much better graphics, of course. It is a nice adventure and not extremely complex like some of the role playing games can be.
- cindysue2007Apr 05, 2007by
Astonishia Story (PlayStation Portable)
Very fun game. Can keep you busy for hours on end. Not too easy so you just blow through it. Worth the money.