All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThe Apple iPod classic 2nd Generation is a digital media player that allows its users to store up to 5000 songs on the 20 GB built-in memory module. This media device offers a battery life up to 10 hours and features such as Personal Address Book, Upgradable Firmware, Sleep Timer, Address Book. In addition, the model is available in white with the following characteristics: 2.43 inches width, 4 inches height, 0.84 inches depth, 7.2 Oz weight.
- ModeliPod classic 2nd Generation
- Storage Capacity20 GB
- Audio Supported FormatsAIFF,Audible,MP3,MP3 VBR,WAV
- Video Supported FormatsH.264,M4V,MP4,MPEG-4,Mov
- Battery Run Time10 Hours
- Exterior ColorWhite
Audio / Video Capabilities
- MP3 Bit-Rate320 kbps - 320 kbps
- Max Video Resolution160 x 128
- Screen Size2 Inch
- Width2.43 Inch
- Depth0.84 Inch
- Height4 Inch
- Weight7.2 Oz
- OutputsHeadphone Jack,iLINK DV Output
- InterfacesFireWire,USB 2.0
- Additional FeaturesAddress Book,Personal Address Book,Sleep Timer,Upgradable Firmware
- Supported Power SupplyAC/DC Adapter,Internal Battery,Rechargeable via FireWire cable
- Battery TypeRechargeable Lithium Battery
- Storage TypeBuilt-in Memory,Hard Drive
- Number Of Songs5000
- Frequency Response20-20000 Hz
Most relevant reviews
- rdau4295Aug 27, 2016by
It's an iPod
Works like it was designed to do play music sound comes out loud and clear through headphones
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- pum09Dec 18, 2012by
This old ipod produce the better sound quality than the current version.
The reason for buying this old school and chunky classic ipod is the quality of its amplifier parts old version ipod ( version I to 5.5 ).It produce a better sound quality than the new model iPod. The design may out of date. It looks similar with the current one, but thicker. Someone said it more sturdy than the new version in apple store now. But one thing to consider is the longevity of battery. Mostly can hold the charge, but not as good as the new as it ten or more years old. If the sound quality is what you are searching for. This old school ipod will never let you down. I would recommend to the audiophile or the guys out there who serious about the sound quality rather than the look of the iPod.
- 671412979@delet...Nov 05, 2009by
It does that Job!
There's nothing fancy about this item. If you're looking for fancy check out an iPod Touch. but this does the Job and has plenty of room for many songs. 20G is more than enough for me. I used a FM Transmitter with it in my car that charged it while it played and while it was in stand by mode so I never ran out of battery. I actually just got an iPhone 3GS so I am reselling this item on ebay. Apple is the best for Mp3 players and computers, so I definitely recommend this if you're looking for something to listen to music with in your car. or even for a student. The size is a bit bulky, so if you're looking for an iPod to job with, an iPod Nano would fit you better. Thanks.
- chenz380Mar 03, 2008by
iPods in general
ipods are amazing electronics I will say but like every person who has owned an ipods for a long time (more than 2 years) they will have something come up. ipods that use disk hard drives have a huge tendency to break. Have you ever seen the ipod with the x's as eyes? most likely thats a broken hard drive and I've replaced the hard drives and they run like new aftarwards. My biggest suggestion is to get a nano because they use a flash hard drive which doesn't skip and crash like the other ipods do. However if you are good with your hands or you have buddies who know their stuff, they are in most cases really easy to assemble so fixing parts is a breeze and many times fairly in expensive if you can get a broken one fixed.
- j.lynch45Jul 24, 2008by
Perfect if all you want is music.
Pros: Holds thousands of songs EASY to control and navigate with the innovative click wheel Excellent user interface and easy to sync with iTunes Screen is clear, easy to read, and backlit with a easy on the eyes light Has a few little extra features, like a couple fun games to kill time Great sound quality Looks cool Since it is an iPod, the resale value is very good when you decide to get something else Comfortable to hold It'll sync with older computers unlike the latest iPods that only work with Windows XP and up or Mac OSX 10.4 and up Cons: Battery life isn't as good as newer iPods, but it is still very good and replaceable for about $6 if you do it yourself Doesn't have color screen meaning no pictures and video Bulkier than newer models, but not by too much Conclusion: Unless you want all the features of the newer iPods like pictuers, album artwork, and video, then this iPod would be perfect for you. It is great for music. Very easy to use since iTunes automates a lot of the work. Just a great player unless you want those fancy features that a lot of people never really put to much use anyway! Read full review
Best Selling in iPods & MP3 Players
Save on iPods & MP3 Players
- $309.90Trending at $349.99
- $259.40Trending at $285.99
- $139.00Trending at $159.00
- $72.00Trending at $74.95
- $55.00Trending at $91.88
- $477.99Trending at $699.99
- $309.90Trending at $389.99