All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThe Apple iMac A1208 desktop computer, released in 2006, renders seamless performance with the integrated 1 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 RAM module. It is equipped with the ATI Radeon X1600 graphics processor and a reliable Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz processor. This desktop features 160 GB Serial ATA, which can be used to store ample data. Furthermore, the Apple MA590LL supports Mac OS and comes with a 17-inch display.
- Product FamilyiMac
- Model IDiMac5,1
- Model NumberA1208
- Processor TypeIntel Core 2 Duo
- Processor Speed2.00GHz
- Number of CoresDual-Core
- Video Output InterfacePCI Express
- Motherboard I/O PortsFireWire (IEEE1394a) x 2,RJ45 Lan Port x 1,USB 1.1 x 2,USB 2.0 x 3
- Bus Speed667 MHz
- Screen TypeFlat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix)
- Screen Size17in.
- Hard Drive Capacity160GB
- Hard Drive Rotation Speed7200RPM
- Hard Drive InterfaceSerial ATA
- RAM TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- Installed RAM1GB
- RAM Supported Speed667 MHz
- RAM Max Supported Size3GB
- RAM Memory Slots Qunatity2 x DIMMs,2 x SODIMM
- Installed Cache Memory32KB
- Max. Cache Memory4MB
CD / DVD
- Optical Drive TypeDVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW
- Optical Drive Read Speed24x (CD),8x (DVD)
- Optical Drive Write Speed2.4x (DVD+R DL),24x (CD),8x (DVD+R),8x (DVD-R)
- Optical Drive ReWrite Speed16x (CD-RW),4x (DVD+RW),4x (DVD-RW)
- On Board Graphic ProcessorATI RADEON X600
- Max. Video Resolution1440 x 900
- Installed Video Memory128MB
- Video Outputs15 Pin D-Sub VGA port x 1,Composite x 1,DVI x 1,Mini-DVI,S-Video x 1
- Audio InputIntegrated Microphone,Line In (3.5mm),Microphone,Optical Digital In
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Line Out,Optical Digital,Optical Digital Output,Sound card,Speaker(s),Speakers
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Depth6.8 in.
- Height16.9 in.
- Width16.8 in.
- Weight15.5 lb.
- Form FactorAll-in-one
- Release DateSeptember, 2006
- Exterior ColorWhite
- Other FeaturesBuilt In Web Camera,Infrared Remote Control
Most relevant reviews
- rafl_us2014Jan 14, 2015by
Very poor condition , a lot of problems and no solutions .
THE computer is on a Password , mouse was not working and the wireless is very poor . The computer also has an overheating problem . The keyboard had to be changed , the mouse had to be changed . The operating system is not stable , it keeps on shutting down , can't install any software , can't download any necessary upgrade . The poor wireless is really annoying and frustrating . I was expecting some problems , after all it is over 10 years old machine , but I didn't expect so much , even after changing the mouse and the keyboard , I have paid over $ 60 up to now .
- oglesb-9Feb 08, 2017by
Great computer loaded with editing software.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- duc-craigAug 04, 2012by
Good buy for the purpose intended.
I bought this iMac because it was cheap and had some screen issues. I just wanted a MAC platform to use to run some MAC software on to digitize my vinyl library that was compatible w/my other MAC computer and iPod music library. Since I originally didn't plan to use it for photo use and put a 3gig hard drive in it I didn't want a new computer under warranty. So far this MAC has worked well and the lines in it haven't been a problem 90% of the time.
- omnicroncsMay 25, 2012by
This is the best budget priced iMac for the everyday user.
This is the imac for the everyday future mac user. I purchased this mac as my replacement desktop computer. It has not disappointed in the least. The core 2 duo processor means it runs both snow leopard and lion well (snow leopard seems the better fit though). The 160gb hard drive is good for standard desktop use, but not for high end video editing (you will need an external HDD for that). Never the less facetime, the app store, and all of the perks you expect from a mac work just fine. In short, you can do just about anything, and run the latest version of most popular software on this model. M only concern is future compatibility. Mountain Lion and future versions of Mac OSX may not support the C2D processor. As a result te shelf life of this unit may only be another 2-3 years, before it becomes very outdated (i.e. not able to run the latest version of most productivity and standard software). This model is the best of the older (non i-series intel) processors. This unit beats all of the power-pc imacs hands down. It is also a leg up on the core duo units it replaced. Honestly, unless ou can find an i3 or i5 imac at less then half there usual price, this unit is the best buy you will find. Read full review
- featheringwater...Aug 30, 2016by
Works great ty
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
Save on Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
- $2,699.99Trending at $3,300.00
- $1,929.00Trending at $2,599.00
- $2,499.00Trending at $2,699.95
- $629.00Trending at $1,239.00
- $22.63Trending at $23.27