All listings for this product
Best Selling in Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
Save on Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
- $1,929.00Trending at $2,299.00
- $599.00Trending at $852.33
- $20.35Trending at $24.43
- $2,299.00Trending at $3,099.00
About this product
- Product InformationFor a sublime combination of looks and innovation, get the stunning Apple iMac G5 desktop with an LED-backlit display that offers HD content. This Apple 17-inch desktop has a 178-degree horizontal viewing angle that enables you to view the monitor from practically anywhere in the room. This Apple personal computer is powered by next-generation Intel quad-core Intel processors that make this PC super quick. The integrated MD Radeon HD graphics processors make this Apple 17-inch desktop a dream device for all 3D gaming aficionados. This Apple personal computer’s Thunderbolt port has two 10-Gbps data channels that transfer data at an unprecedented speed, for a multimedia experience. Incorporated with an HD camera, the Apple iMac G5 lets you make FaceTime video calls at a 720p resolution.
- Product FamilyiMac
- Model IDPowerMac12,1
- Model NumberA1144
- Processor TypePowerPC G5
- Processor Speed1.90GHz
- Number of CoresSingle-Core
- Video Output InterfacePCI Express
- Motherboard I/O PortsFireWire (IEEE1394a) x 2,RJ11 Phone Jack x 1 (Input),RJ45 Lan Port x 1,USB 1.1 x 2,USB 2.0 x 3
- Bus Speed633 MHz
- Screen TypeFlat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix)
- Screen Size17in.
- Expansion SlotsPCI Express x1 x 1
- Hard Drive Capacity160GB
- Hard Drive Rotation Speed7200RPM
- Hard Drive InterfaceSerial ATA
- RAM TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- Installed RAM512MB
- RAM Supported Speed533 MHz
- RAM Max Supported Size2.5GB
- Installed Cache Memory32KB
- Max. Cache Memory512KB
CD / DVD
- Optical Drive TypeDVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW
- Optical Drive Read Speed24x (CD),8x (DVD)
- Optical Drive Write Speed2.4x (DVD+R DL),24x (CD),8x (DVD+R),8x (DVD-R)
- Optical Drive ReWrite Speed4x (DVD+RW),4x (DVD-RW),8x (CD-RW)
- On Board Graphic ProcessorATI RADEON X600 Pro
- Max. Video Resolution1440 x 900
- Installed Video Memory128MB
- Video Outputs15 Pin D-Sub VGA port x 1,Composite x 1,S-Video x 1
- Audio InputIntegrated Microphone,Line In (3.5mm),Microphone
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Optical Digital,Optical Digital Output,Sound card,Speaker(s),Speakers
- Modem TypeModem
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Depth6.8 in.
- Height16.9 in.
- Width16.8 in.
- Weight15.5 lb.
- Form FactorAll-in-one
- Release DateOctober, 2005
- Exterior ColorWhite
- Other FeaturesBuilt In Web Camera,Infrared Remote Control
Most relevant reviews
- itsmylife69Jun 06, 2017by
Biggest piece of junk never purchase again
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- gene3215Dec 02, 2011by
This is a working backup computer for my office software.
This is a great computer. This particular model is probably obsolete in some ways, but it does have the OS and CPU which will run our dental office software. We started in the 80's with a $20,000 system with little computers which had this little thing called a mouse. We had never seen this before. Dot matrix printers and 3 1/2 inch floppy disks for backup. It was really intuitive to operate, forget the instruction manuals! Before that time my employees were afraid to touch a computer. I called the first system our insurance form and billing machine. Over the years hardware and software improved. We graduated to the G5 PPC hardware a few years ago. A problem with these machines in general is that they have defective capacitors on the mother board. They have a limited life until the system starts to crash and the machine starts to make a "vacuum cleaner" sound. When we tried to take it in for repair we had a difficult time finding anyone to service it, and when we did, we found the mother board would cost $800 and was on backorder, with no date for delivery. You can't run a business like that. We were able to find a working computer on ebay, and the tech transplanted our old HD into the used machine and we were back in business in about a week. We only need one working machine to keep our accounts, generate statements and insurance forms, but what happens when this 2nd machine goes bad? We decided to search a spare, which was why I bought the latest G5 PPC. It's running side by side with the machine running the Dental Mac system. I own this software, so I'm not a "software hostage". Maybe we can get a few more years before I have to convert to another system and avoid great expense and conversion work . Read full review
- shopsonline13May 21, 2012by
Great iMac - Older model, but still very useful, and NOT AT ALL obsolete.
We needed a computer for a teen's room, so he could access the Web for research, etc., as well as writer papers for school without always needing to use our computers. This one allows not only that, but also makes it easy for him to video chat with family and friends who are far away, also without having to borrow our devices with that capability. The large, crystal clear screen is great! This is a great buy!!!
- goonerbwJun 04, 2010by
This iMac is an acceptable computer for my wife's needs
With a 17in screen this computer is an acceptable desktop for my wife's use for surfing the web and emails. The G5 processor means that it is NOT upgradable to the latest Apple OS Snow Leopard 10.6. Max memory is 2GB. Overall satisfied with this computer for my wife's limited needs. Myself I have an intel based 24" iMac with 4gb memory. If you wish to use your desktop for memory draining applications (Photoshop the obvious example) I would not recommend this 4 year old version of iMac. A plus for my wife is the built-in iSight so she can keep in touch with relatives in the UK via Skype.
- my240dNov 22, 2010by
G5 i MAC
Overall, good product, well constructed, sleek-looking. Powerful for the age and still a quality Mac product. Screen resolution is optimal and built-in speakers sound good. Remote control is a nice touch. built in camera is a nice touch too!. I would recommend one, just make sure to buy the isight models; older models had logic board issues.