All listings for this product
Best Selling in Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
Save on Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
- $1,929.00Trending at $2,299.00
- $1,549.99Trending at $1,669.00
- $1,397.33Trending at $2,441.35
- $2,499.99Trending at $2,774.95
- $599.00Trending at $1,019.00
- $484.98Trending at $489.99
- $2,299.00Trending at $3,999.00
About this product
- Product InformationWith the PowerPC G5 processor, the iMac G5 desktop offers a speedy and powerful performance that is perfect for your office. This Mac 17-inch desktop runs on the Apple Mac OS X 10.4 operating system that accepts various modern applications. With the ATI RADEON 9600 graphic processor, this Apple desktop gives an outstanding graphic performance. Stay connected to the web as the iMac G5 comes equipped with Ethernet connectivity. This Mac 17-inch desktop boasts 1024x768 of maximum video resolution for clarity and sharpness. You do not have to create a special space to keep this Mac 17-inch desktop, thanks to its space-saving design. Other notable features of the iMac G5 are built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth wireless technology for connectivity and160GB HDD, 512 MB RAM, for storage and enhanced application performance.
- Product FamilyiMac
- Model IDPowerMac8.2
- Processor TypePowerPC G5
- Processor Speed1.80GHz
- Video Output InterfaceAGP 8x
- Motherboard I/O PortsFireWire (IEEE1394a) x 2,RJ11 Phone Jack x 1 (Input),RJ45 Lan Port x 1,USB 1.1 x 2,USB 2.0 x 3
- Bus Speed600 MHz
- Screen TypeFlat Panel LCD
- Screen Size17in.
- Expansion SlotsAGP x8 x 1
- Hard Drive Capacity160GB
- Hard Drive Rotation Speed7200RPM
- Hard Drive InterfaceSerial ATA
- RAM TechnologyDDR SDRAM
- Installed RAM512MB
- RAM Supported Speed400 MHz
- RAM Max Supported Size2GB
- RAM Memory Slots Qunatity2 x 184 Pin DIMMs,2 x DIMMs
- Installed Cache Memory32KB
- Max. Cache Memory512KB
CD / DVD
- Optical Drive TypeCD-RW/DVD-ROM
- Optical Drive Read Speed24x (CD),8x (DVD)
- Optical Drive Write Speed24x (CD)
- Optical Drive ReWrite Speed16x (CD-RW),24x (CD-RW),8x (CD-RW)
- On Board Graphic ProcessorATI RADEON 9600
- Max. Video Resolution1440 x 900
- Installed Video Memory128MB
- Video Outputs15 Pin D-Sub VGA port x 1,Mini-VGA,S-Video x 1
- Audio InputLine In (3.5mm),Microphone,Optical Digital In,SPDIF in
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Optical Digital,Optical Digital Output,SPDIF out,Sound card,Speaker(s)
- Modem TypeModem
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Depth6.8 in.
- Height16.9 in.
- Width16.8 in.
- Weight18.5 lb.
- Form FactorAll-in-one
- Release DateMay, 2005
- Exterior ColorSnow,White
Most relevant reviews
- aocat45Jul 02, 2013by
Very Sexy Mac! A real breakthru when introduced, now an excellent value.
I have had one of these since they came out; got mine ca. 2006. This machine did everything I needed - including Photoshop and some light video editing. My daily activities really barely challenged this capable machine. I never hardwired it to the web. I just used the built in Airport wireless to talk to my Airport Base station and it also ran fine on Linksys. It is now limited by its outdated Power PC processor. It can only use up to OS 10.5.8, and will not run newer programs that need an Intel processor. It's still easily able to use for readin', writin', and surfin', but now there are newer Flash updates that it won't run, so you'll run into problems with viewing some web videos, and some downloaded ones as well. I now have a more modern arsenal of Macs, but I still have an iMac G5 that I use and am saving for my kids. (PS I have thirty seven years of experience with Apple's Macs, so I have some perspective.) Although getting a little dated, this is still one fine machine. Especially if your needs are simple, you cannot beat this Mac for the money. You can find them on eBay (July 2013) for $60 - 80.00. For another Fifty bucks, however, you can find an Intel duo-core iMac, a better idea, if you can afford it. There is a lot a life left in this noble, if aged, warrior. Good luck! Read full review
- 989farmerApr 10, 2010by
Apple iMac G5 17 inch
This G5 iMac computer fills an important spot in our home network. Because it runs on System 10.4 It can network equally well with older PowerPC Macs running System 9.2 and newer Macs running System 10.5 or later which cannot (easily) network with Macs running System 9. We previously owned an iMac G5 17 inch with a 2 GHz processor and it died presumably from the capacitor failure which has become common for that generation. That seems to be the main weakness of this generation iMac. I bought this used G5 to fill the huge gap in our network. We network between an iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and a Mac G3 desktop using ethernet. The G5 can see and move files to and from any of the other computers.
- gigglesmshortyNov 13, 2013by
it died after 2 weeks of having it...doesnt power on anymore and when I asked for password it the owner never gave it to me
- vctorlocoteMar 01, 2011by
I bought this computer for my sister and i got really exited because it was in excellent conditions and i got really happy because i recived it right away i feel really sure to recomand everybody.