Best Selling in Apple Laptops
Save on Apple Laptops
- $1,639.99Trending at $1,699.00
- $2,445.00Trending at $2,472.00
- $905.98Trending at $1,114.88
- $2,119.99Trending at $2,249.00
- $1,931.54Trending at $2,358.58
- $1,229.00Trending at $1,279.00
- $1,199.00Trending at $1,291.50
About this product
- Product InformationPowered by 1.42GHz PowerPC G4 processor, the Apple iBook G4 M9848LL/A laptop offers you an amazing computing performance. Prevent system tailbacks with the 142MHz system bus speed of this Apple notebook. With the Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, this Apple laptop provides high-speed network connectivity. Get faster access to the internet with the integrated 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme (Wi-Fi 802.11g) of this Apple notebook. Exchanging data gets easier and faster with the supported Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR of this Apple laptop. Connect other peripheral devices to the Apple iBook G4 M9848LL/A laptop with two USB 2.0 ports. Enhance your viewing experience with the ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 graphics processor of the Apple iBook G4 M9848LL/A notebook.
- Product FamilyiBook
- Model IDPowerBook6,7
- Model NumberA1134
- Processor TypePowerPC G4
- Processor Speed1.42GHz
- Number of CoresSingle-Core
- Bus Speed142MHz
- Display TechnologyXGA TFT Active Matrix
- Display Size14.1"
- Display Max. Resolution1024 x 768
- Expansion Ports1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire 400),1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire),2 x USB 2.0,RJ-11 (modem),RJ-45 (NIC),S-Video out,VGA out
- Hard Drive Capacity60GB
- Hard Drive Rotation Speed4200RPM
- Storage Controller TypeUltra ATA
- Installed RAM512MB
- RAM TechnologyDDR SDRAM
- Max Supported RAM1.5GB
- RAM Speed333MHz
- Installed Cache Memory512 KB
CD / DVD
- Optical Drive TypeDVD±RW/CD-RW
- Optical Drive Read Speed24x (CD),8x (DVD)
- Optical Drive Write Speed24x (CD),8x (DVD+R),8x (DVD-R)
- Optical Drive ReWrite Speed16x (CD-RW),24x (CD-RW),4x (DVD+RW),4x (DVD-RW)
- Installed Video Memory32MB
- Graphic Bus InterfaceAGP x4
- Audio Output TypeHeadphones,Sound card,Speaker(s)
- Audio Input TypeIntegrated Microphone,Microphone
- Modem TypeFax / Modem
- Analog Modulation ProtocolITU V.92,K56Flex
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated Wireless LAN,Network Adapter
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
- Battery Run TimeUp to 6 Hours
- Battery TechnologyLithium ion
- Depth10.2 in.
- Height1.35 in.
- Width12.7 in.
- Weight5.9 lb.
- Release DateJuly, 2005
- Input MethodKeyboard,Keypad,Trackpad
- Exterior ColorWhite
Most relevant reviews
- palbearJun 05, 2010by
ibook 1.42 mhz
I wanted one of these for a long time. Having owned a emac 1.42 for a while now and getting used to Leopard has been a fun challenge. So finding an ibook with the last Motorola chip and other great features has proven to be as challenging. First a reasonably fast surfing experience as well as a laptop in decent physical condition were my main concerns. The functions like wi-fi and a dvd burner made the entire deal sweet! Having to settle for Tiger was the only concession made and not really a bad one at that. Overall I got what I wanted. Upgrading to Leopard at some time in the future is on the plate. And the only real compliant was a cracked topcase which promptly I had replaced to return the ibook to an above average good condition! I'm real particular about my stuff in case I ever need to resell. So far its met my needs the 1.42mhz G4 is a good little intermediate laptop. A new battery gave me almost 6 hours of portable life. I highly recommend this model for someone who doesn't use a lot of programs at one time and wants an affordable price. I'd say the Apple ibook 1.42 is the high end of the low end Macs and you won't be sorry for owning one! Read full review
- zippystoogeSep 13, 2010by
Good computer for the money
The iBook G4 1.42 MHz is the last PowerPC based laptop that Apple manufactured. It's a good deal if you can score one for $200 or less, especially if OS X 10.5 is loaded in the machine. It's able to run many of the available updated software packages that are available under OSX 10.5. . . the only downside with the machine operating under this OS is that it does not offer support for Classic and pre-OS X Apple software (as does OS X 10.4. The machines themselves are pretty dependable if you take care of your computers. The only drawbacks are the power supply...they can be a bit dicey and break down if used hard...and the batteries that often are included with these units. I strongly recommend purchasing a third-party power supply at the first hint, or before, of a possible power supply problem. Replacement batteries, third party ones, are often economical to purchase and seem to have a long life with these computers. Read full review
- josephl8470Dec 18, 2012by
Still viable and fun to use.careful who you buy from though.
Still a good and very viable machine,even though this is a used item and does have some problems or"quirks" etc.Even as old as it is its still faster than my Toshisba laptop and it almost never freezes up which makes it fun to use.My primary uses are Ebay, Email etc and on the web and I do pay a few bills with it. Overall its easier to use than a pc most of the systems and icons make more sense than a pc.Mine does have some problems as far as weight goes and it is old but for the money its pretty good. Be careful who you buy from as the optical drive is bad in mine and was not disclosed.
- parrn232012Jun 08, 2013by
LONG LASTING ENDURING QUALITY OF THE OLDER MODEL (JULY 2005) APPLE IBOOK G4
I BOUGHT THIS APPLE IBOOK 14.1 LAPTOP G4 (JULY 2005) RUNNING MAC OSX 10.4 TIGER AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE PERFORMANCE VALUE FOR THE MONEY I PAID. BEING A NEWCOMER TO OWNING MY OWN LAPTOP I FOUND IT TO BE NOT OVER COMPLICATED YET HAS AWESOME ABILITIES IT EVEN HAS A DVD SUPERDRIVE CD BURNER. I READ THAT THIS OLDER MODEL WOULD NOT PLAY UTUBE BUT MINE DOES! I DONT DO THE ADVANCED STREAMING I READ ABOUT BECAUSE I AM NOT INTO GAMES OR JUST HOURS OF MUSIC, THIS LAPTOP ENABLES ME TO MEET MY PROFESSIONAL GROWTH GOALS, IT HAS NEVER CRASHED AND MACS DO NOT GET VIRUS'! WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE? APPLE IS VERY RELIABLE DEPENDABLE AND FAST EVEN ON THIS 2005 MODEL. THERE APPEARS TO BE ALOT OF OLDER MAC IBOOK'S FOR SALE THAT STILL RUN PERFECTLY AND ARE SELLING BECAUSE OF THE REPUTATION FOR LONG LASTING ENDURING QUALITY. Read full review
- jacornelius2011Sep 27, 2012by
Very good for surfing and utilizing programs like gargage band.
This product is great for surfing the web and using for programs like the garage band when you need a secondary recording. It's features like size and buttons are nice. How the buttons are close together and the screen makes this laptop as mobile as possible. It's really a decent computer for the price you'd spend on a cheap laptop now-a-days.