All listings for this product
Best Selling in Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
Save on Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
- $1,929.00Trending at $2,299.00
- $1,549.99Trending at $1,659.00
- $1,397.33Trending at $2,441.35
- $2,499.99Trending at $2,774.95
- $599.00Trending at $1,019.00
- $484.98Trending at $489.99
- $2,299.00Trending at $3,999.00
About this product
- Product InformationThe Apple M9687LL/B mini desktop, powered by the Intel Core i5 processor and Turbo Boost 2.0, lets you access processor-intensive apps with ease. Integrated AMD Radeon HD graphics processor, this Apple Mini Desktop enhances your gaming experience. The Thunderbolt ports of this Mac Mini Desktop with two 10-Gbps data channels, allows quick data transfer. Featuring 802.11n wireless technology, this Apple Mini Desktop lets you connect, surf and stream-in media from local Wi-Fi networks. With the HDMI port of this Mac Mini Desktop, you can connect two displays simultaneously, and enjoy watching movies and photo albums at the same time. The 500 GB hard drive of the Apple M9687LL/B mini desktop provides ample space to store your media and data files.
- Product FamilyMac mini
- Model IDPowerMac10,2
- Model NumberA1103
- Processor TypePowerPC G4
- Processor Speed1.42GHz
- Video Output InterfaceAGP 4x
- Motherboard I/O PortsFireWire (IEEE1394a) x 1,RJ11 Phone Jack x 1 (Input),RJ45 Lan Port x 1,USB 2.0 x 2
- Bus Speed167 MHz
- Expansion SlotsAGP x4 x 1
- Hard Drive Capacity80GB
- Hard Drive Rotation Speed5400RPM
- Hard Drive InterfaceDMA/ATA-100 (Ultra)
- RAM TechnologyDDR SDRAM
- Installed RAM512MB
- RAM Supported Speed333 MHz
- RAM Max Supported Size1GB
- RAM Memory Slots Qunatity1 x 184 Pin DIMMs
- Installed Cache Memory64KB
- Max. Cache Memory512KB
CD / DVD
- Optical Drive TypeCD-RW/DVD-ROM
- Optical Drive Read Speed24x (CD),8x (DVD)
- Optical Drive Write Speed24x (CD)
- Optical Drive ReWrite Speed16x (CD-RW)
- On Board Graphic ProcessorATI RADEON 9200
- Max. Video Resolution1920 x 1200
- Installed Video Memory64MB
- Video Outputs15 Pin D-Sub VGA port x 1,DVI x 1,S-Video x 1
- Audio OutputAnalog Audio,Headphone,Headphones,Line Out,Sound card,Speaker(s),Speakers
- Modem TypeFax / Modem
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated 10/100 Network Card,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Depth6.5 in.
- Height2 in.
- Width6.5 in.
- Weight2.9 lb.
- Form FactorDesktop Slimline
- Release DateSeptember, 2005
Most relevant reviews
- algocuAug 30, 2016by
Works well, but old OS
If you need a simple machine, it's fine. Updating to OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard) is as far as you can go. Drivers, apps, etc. all have to be back-dated from archives; sometimes it's a bit frustrating.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- neshydMay 10, 2010by
Small nifty little desktop with value.
I've been a Mac owner for about 2 years now (MacBook, 13in, 2.4ghz, Black), and I decided it's time to get another one, preferably something not current, but not too old either. My first choice was the iBook G4, 1.4 for about $350, but I figured " I already have a laptop, why deal with another?" This lead me to the Mac mini. The Mac mini is a technological achievement. To get a motherboard that small into such a tiny package and still manage heat throughput as well as give a nice appealing look is very amazing. While the current brand new Mac mini's were very tempting, I opted to go for the older G4 models. I needed a solid desktop for coding and simple browsing this does just that. Likes: -Fan controller: This is whisper quiet. Seriously. -Overall aluminum look. It's so nice to see the Mac mini G4 (made in 2005/06) pair up perfectly (no pun intended) with my Apple Aluminum Wireless Keyboard. -DVI out: I was so glad I didn't have to get another mini DVI-DVI converter. I can just stick the DVI cable there without any hassle. -Wireless enabled. A small desktop WITH bluetooth 2.1 and Wi-Fi? Perfect. Dislikes: -Tends to hang on it's knees with certain tasks. The G4 ain't no i7, but that's okay. -512mb of RAM. This is way too little. I plan on maxing it out to 1GB so Leopard doesn't have to keep using the swap. -USB deficiency: Only 2 ports? While I can add a hub, it'll make those ports 1.1 which is useless. If only Apple started off with more USB from the beginning. Overall I'm enjoying this mac. It's great for simple computing. YouTube videos run fine within Safari and so far no crashes on any sites. Don't get it for gaming, leave that to your Xbox 360/PS3/Wii. Read full review
- timothious470Apr 10, 2010by
Fastest of the Last
The fastest of the Mac G4 PCs, I got this to use all the old software I had that would not work on the Intel Duo, mostly for music transcription and photoshop. The wireless keyboard & mouse was just a plus, especially since I use it on my HDMI VISIO. Too bad it's not quite fast enough to stream netflix but I did also get a stack 250G memory drive at the same time, which means I can store just about entire library of congress in Vinyl. All in all, I'm very happy.
- dd2tamJul 17, 2010by
apple mac mini 1.42 ghz
This computer is the easiest to use fast simple install .small in size but big in applications so easy to use excellent computer highly recommend.
- depdawg55Nov 01, 2011by
Very good deal for the money
Good overall product, very compact but packed with all of the features of a large tower. Very pleased with my first Mac computer. Would buy another Mac computer now. Bought this to become familiar with Mac OS without breaking the bank. Hooked this to a 32" LED TV and it is a great desktop Apple computer.