All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Computer Keyboards & Keypads
About this product
- Product InformationThe Apple A1176 desktop is a customized 80 GB PC that was released in February 2006. The RAM memory technology on the Apple Mac Mini PC is DDR2 SDRAM with a standard RAM of 512 MB. It has a maximum cache memory of 2 MB. The video resolution on this computer is 1920x1200 pixels. The Apple Mac Mini PC has a composite, a DVI, a mini-VGA and an S-video output ports located on the back of the unit for interacting with other multimedia devices. The 80 GB PC uses Intel Core Solo as its processor. This Apple Mac Mini PC is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi compatible. The standard hard drive is 60 GB but Apple does offer an optional 100 GB or 120 GB hard drive versions. This model is made so that it supports hard drives that are larger than 120 GB if the user wants to upgrade. Dimensions for the Apple A1176 desktop are 6.5 inches in height by 6.5 inches in width by 2 inches in depth. The weight of the Apple Mac Mini PC is 2.9 lbs.
- Product FamilyMac mini
- Model IDMacmini1,1
- Model NumberA1176
- Video Output InterfaceUSB
- Motherboard I/O PortsFireWire (IEEE1394a) x 1,RJ45 Lan Port x 1,USB 2.0 x 4
- Bus Speed667 MHz
- RAM TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- RAM Max Supported Size2GB
- RAM Memory Slots Qunatity2 x DIMMs
- Max. Cache Memory2MB
- Video OutputsComposite x 1,DVI x 1,Mini-VGA,S-Video x 1
- Audio InputLine In (3.5mm),Optical Digital In
- Audio OutputHeadphones,Optical Digital,Speaker(s)
- Data Link ProtocolAirPort Extreme,Bluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Depth6.5 in.
- Height2 in.
- Width6.5 in.
- Weight2.9 lb.
- Form FactorDesktop
- Release DateFebruary, 2006
- Exterior ColorSilver
- Other FeaturesInfrared Remote Control
Most relevant reviews
- nicks_the_repai...Nov 04, 2015by
Early, 2006 Apple Mac mini A1176 1.5GHz
Pros: Very convenient computer easy to store and to setup also very good desktop computer for travel (as long as you have display, keyboard, and mouse). Downloaded media works really good such as pictures, text documents, videos, and much more downloaded media. Text applications such as Textedit, Microsoft Word, and Pages work really well. Browsing the Internet in general, Google, Yahoo, and Bing works well. Easy to upgrade, processor, ram, and storage (hard disk and SSD). Cons: Minecraft runs very poor, maximum 20FPS sometimes 30 - 100FPS. Even when using latest version and adjusting settings. Online videos are not very compatible, YouTube and other websites featuring videos, struggles to process. Possibly online music might not or sometimes not be very easy to process either. Gaming in general, any type of gaming applications do not run well possibly there might be some that work well but after my experience with Minecraft it's hell also in-browser gaming is not good. Other: The age of the Mac mini really affects it's functionality back in 2006 when this Mac mini was released it was a lot more easy to use with the Internet but now that many common websites have grown such as YouTube it takes a lot more out of the processor than it did before. Although this Mac mini is very easy to upgrade, without upgrades this computer would be hell so upgrades do a good part and making it easier to do modern things but it still sort of struggles. Specifications/Upgrades: Default: Storage - 60GB Fujitsu or Segate SATA hard disk RAM - 1GB Processor - 1.5GHz Intel Core Solo Upgrade: Storage - 120GB PNY SSD RAM: 2GB (Maximum) Processor - 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Maximum) " my punctuation is not well " Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes
- urilowFeb 05, 2015by
Great buy for someone who can use slow Mac or in for (no warranty) mods
Got this device very quickly. This model of Mac Mini is Sloooowww but those who can operate a screw driver and a spackle, and follow instructions posted on numerous web sites(of course), this machine can become a 2.3Ghz/2GB/500GB machine at the expense of a few dollars (used Mac Mini's with such hardware are sold for far higher asking price). Although upgrade carries a risk, that risk may be worth taking. One would need to purchase "Snow Leopard" from Apple, and install it, Then upgrade on line to a more recent version (this time, for free)Time to initially boot and set up: less then 10 minutes. Time to upgrade per my comments above: 3-4 hours. Note: Read the seller's comments! The Mini has inventory number engraved on it (does not effect operation) and you will have to buy your own 110W power supply (BYOP). Read full review
- rwingnutNov 20, 2014by
Best expandable mini mac there is for the money. Awesome media player.
A mac mini 2006 (socket M CPU) is ideal to use as a media player. Just pop in either a T7600 2.33Ghz cpu or a Cyrstal Graphics BCM970015 (or 12) mini pci card and load up XBMC. Awesome. If you need HDMI, you will need a converter as this mac has only DVI out. Make sure you get an apple remote. Any usb keyboard and mouse will work, but only apple brand bluetooth unless you want to use a 3rd party with a dongle. An SSD as the internal boot drive makes startup in about 20 seconds, shutdown in 5. Add an external drive or SAN with media and watch all night. I love it!
- priangarov2009Oct 24, 2015by
Mac min ia1176
For Mac, you can try, of course, is an old model, but is stable. I upgrade the processor on T7600 Core 2 Duo, the bad thing is that memory is more than 2 GB of memory is not supported.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- vves9120Feb 21, 2016by
mac mini super mac
Thanks for offering this mac mini - working - need to be refreshed - and now is good computer ... to see the news in internet...Thanks
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
Save on Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
- $3,189.00Trending at $3,475.00
- $1,929.00Trending at $2,599.00
- $2,499.00Trending at $2,699.47
- $629.00Trending at $1,239.00
- $22.63Trending at $23.27