All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Computer Keyboards & Keypads
Best Selling in Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
Save on Apple Desktops & All-In-Ones
- $2,499.00Trending at $3,099.00
- $1,800.00Trending at $1,819.97
- $2,399.00Trending at $2,549.00
- $825.00Trending at $879.99
- $2,894.95Trending at $3,031.00
- $599.00Trending at $852.33
- $22.24Trending at $23.54
About this product
- Product InformationWhen you need a compact, powerful computer but already have a great video monitor, keyboard, and mouse, the Apple Mac Mini MC936LL/A is the solution. The transition from home to work is a hassle if your monitor’s resolution changes and function keys “move.” Keep using the interface equipment that you’re comfortable and productive with. You can even recover some precious desk space with this Mini masterpiece. Instead of paying for bundled accessories you don’t need and won’t use, consider a Mac Mini. The Mini is a standalone desktop unit with a tiny physical footprint and a sleek, aluminum design. It reduces desk clutter and distractions. If you are the type who prefers to keep visual noise to a minimum, this tiny Mac powerhouse is just the thing. The rear panel of this Mac from Apple boasts an array of ports and jacks that allow you to plug in a wide variety of peripheral devices. This energy-efficient desktop Mini is the ideal space-saving option for home computing. In an office setting, these Mac Minis are reliable, configurable, and affordable. A small to midsized business could easily transition from PCs to Mac Minis. Just how Apple managed to engineer so much computing power into such an unobtrusive package is quite impressive. This Mini is a slim 7.7-inch square box that measures just 1.4 inches thick and weighs 3.3 pounds. Amazingly, it features a 2.0 GHz Intel i7 core processor, dual 500GB hard drives, and 4GB of DDR3 RAM. If you need more space, the Mac Mini can be reconfigured. Its dual standard drives can be swapped with a 750GB hard drive or a 256GB solid state drive. You can also pair an SSD with a standard hard drive or upgrade the RAM. The numerous connection ports on this Mac are located out of sight and feature four USB 2.0 slots, an Ethernet port, and Apple’s own Thunderbolt port. A standard microphone jack, a headphone jack, and the power cord connection are all found on the rear panel of the Mini as well. Some people may be surprised to learn that, despite its size, this Mac has a built-in speaker. It also features an HDMI port that supports dual display monitors. The Mac Mini includes reliable Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and Wi-Fi wireless networking capabilities as well. Though it may be seen by some as a given, not all personal computers come standard with these two options like the Mac does. This Mac model from Apple is the ideal computer to get warmed up with before investing in an iMac or a Mac Pro. The Apple Mini is ideal for students who need better computing power but don’t need a laptop. Households where everyone has a Mac Pro or an iPad can easily network a Mac Mini for general file sharing. The Mini easily syncs with other Mac products such as iMac, MacBook Air, and Apple TV. The Mac Mini’s modern design is unique among personal computers and is enhanced by Apple’s reputation for reliability and a 2.0 GHz Intel Core processor.
- Product FamilyMac mini
- Model IDMacmini5,3
- Model NumberA1347
- Processor TypeIntel Core i7 2nd Gen.
- Processor Speed2.00GHz
- Number of CoresQuad-Core
- Video Output InterfaceUSB
- Motherboard I/O PortsFireWire (IEEE1394b) x 1,HDMI x 1,RJ45 Lan Port x 1,USB 2.0 x 4
- Hard Drive Capacity500GB
- Hard Drive Rotation Speed7200RPM
- Hard Drive InterfaceSerial ATA III
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- RAM TechnologyDDR3 SDRAM
- Installed RAM4GB
- RAM Max Supported Size8GB
- RAM Memory Slots Qunatity2 x SODIMM
- Installed Cache Memory32KB
- Max. Cache Memory6MB
- On Board Graphic ProcessorIntel HD Graphics 3000
- Max. Video Resolution2560 x 1600
- Installed Video Memory384MB
- Video OutputsDVI x 1
- Audio InputLine In (3.5mm),Microphone,Stereo Input Jack
- Audio OutputAnalog Audio,Headphone,Line Out,Speakers
- Data Link ProtocolBluetooth,Ethernet,IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n
- Networking TypeBluetooth,Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card,Integrated Wireless LAN
- Depth7.7 in.
- Height1.4 in.
- Width7.7 in.
- Weight3 lb.
- Form FactorDesktop Slimline
- Release DateJuly, 2011
- Other Features64bit Ready
Most relevant reviews
- k.c.braunMay 12, 2017by
Excellent Computer From a Conscientious Company.
I ordered this Mac with great anticipation because it would satisfy my many diverse needs and it had gotten many great reviews. It took a while to get here (from CA to FL) and when it arrived it didn't work. I emailed Quality Macs on Sunday and on Monday got a call from them. They were just as intent on resolving the problem as I was. Because of their substantial inventory I was able to find another that was basically the same and they expedited getting the new unit to me making everything simple and straightforward. The new unit was everything that I expected and I was up and running in no time flat. I can't stress enough how easy it was to work with them. I highly recommend Quality Macs and the Core i7 Mini. I've been using Macs for more than 15 years and this is the best one yet.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- davru26May 26, 2016by
I am a lifelong Mac a Holick in the mini Mac will give you the fix
I was very please with the sale… The very skeptical about buying a 2011 due to the low prices seem to be and I will use slightly miss lead when I Saulet to 500 GB hard drive steer just the standard 5400rpm. Factory drives… However I have plans to insert a 500 GB solid-state 850 pro in to make it a little bit more pizzazzEd I also found out just a couple days ago that the mid 2011 only takes up to eight gigs of RAM which is a huge disappointment … Buy a 2012 quad core I seven it will be the best purchase you will make I had one previously it broke when I tried to put expensive modifications into it it was a tragic mistake and I am trying to get OWC to help me out with this just adding a half a gigabyte South State memory with no peripherals will take your speed up to at least 750 MPS or even higher I have 150 coming to my house so it takes up about 900 and that's without thunderbolt two so it is the fastest computer can get out there Read full review
Verified purchase: No
- rdb70skymusicApr 09, 2013by
A quality, top-shelf computer for a very reasonable price.
I'm a little biased, because I really like Apple's operating system & software/hardware. On one hand it's easy to use & doesn't require a lot of in depth thinking to accomplish a task. However, at times it seems to take a while to find where something is filed, especially if you are accustomed to Window's way of thinking. That being said, once you become comfortable navigating around Apple's way of seeing the computer experience---it's a whole new world. The Mac Mini Server is fast; quick load time & very minimal wait when executing commands. The processor doesn't seem to become bogged down with multitasking & the ability to install 16GB of RAM definitly reduces recall time. It is equipped with (2) 500GB hard drives (7500 RPM), allowing for plenty of storage & quick access to all that data. The Mini is compact & in my opinion, stylishly designed. The only "negative" thing to be said is that the Mac Mini doesn't come with a keyboard, mouse, or display. And for hard core gamers or video editing gurus, there is no dedicated graphics card. I feel in not offering these options standard, this allows Apple to offer a very high quality computer for an affordable price. And if you have a little more money to spend & really want the bells & whistles, there is always the iMac. But for individuals not looking to spend a grand plus on a great computer, then consider the Mac Mini. Whether the server model or base model is right for you, it seems to me--is only a matter of preference. Read full review
- mgoorevichJan 07, 2013by
Buy Mac Mini Server 2011. It represents better performance than 2012 model.
I purchased this machine for professional post production facility. This specific computer is now serving our editing suite (sound) and running Pro Tools HD10. It outputs sound via built in Toslink digital I/O. We have a main monitor 24 inch connected to thunderbolt port and view the picture on a large LCD TV from HDMI port. We increased the RAM to 16 GB and now it performs really fast and able to deal with pretty large track count projects. Great value for money! And it has two 7200 rpm hard drives! Better than later 2012 mac mini (5400rpm).
- russsvideoJul 10, 2012by
Versatile Mac Mini Server
This isn't my main computer for my video business. It is my main computer for the business end of things. I’m using this computer to write this using Windows XP and Microsoft Word. I was able to get it to run Lion, Snow Leopard and Windows XP. Very nice and versatile machine, but my word of caution is that getting XP to work on it is a little involved and loading Snow Leopard was very difficult, uncharted turf and required two Intel Macs. I can run my older business programs and internet on XP. I can run newer Mac programs (Blu-ray high definition encoding) on Lion, and older Mac programs (FCP, etc.) on Snow Leopard. This has saved me hundreds, perhaps a few thousands of dollars at a time when business is tough. I can also use the Mini as a second Mac processor. The four USB ports are quite handy. I paid a handsome price, but still saved a few hundred dollars and have an Intel I7 machine. Read full review