All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationFrom the experts at Apple comes a sharp and clear computer monitor that is large enough to see even the smallest details. The Apple Cinema M8149 is an LCD monitor fitted with a 22 inch screen. The 1000:1 contrast ratio ensures accurate color precision, meaning the monitors can be used either at home and professionally at work. The monitor is equipped with a built in two port USB hub and a DVI connector, which fits perfectly with the Power Macintosh G4/400, G4/450, or G4/500. The active matrix LCD technology makes colors the brightest they can be while displaying a maximum of 16.7 million colors.
- Additional MPNM8058ZM/A,M8149
- Product LineApple Cinema
- Display TechnologyFlat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix),LCD,LCD Flat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix)
- Screen Size22"
- Maximum Resolution1600x1024
- Aspect Ratio14:9,16:9
- Contrast Ratio1000:1,300:1
- Max Viewing Angle Horizontal160°
- Max Viewing Angle Vertical160°
- Regulatory ApprovalCSA,FCC Class B,ISO 13406-2 (Pixel Defect Guidelines),MPR-,MPR-II,TCO-95,UL
- Color Support24-bit (16.7M Colors)
- Form FactorDesktop
- Depth8 in.
- Monitor ColorWhite
- Monitor Platform SourceMac
Most relevant reviews
- solcaptnAug 06, 2010by
I am one of those who still enjoy and use Apple G4 computers, I love the retro/Deco look Apple computers took for a few years, and while looks are not everything and do not add to actual functionality of equipment, the G3/G4 Apple systems are just as functional today as they were back then. However I personally was not in a position to purchase some of this equipment when it was first offered new. As in the case of the Apple M8149, 22 inch LCD monitor. So recently when a seller offered about 30 of these monitors at a great price I was finally able to get a larger monitor that still matched my current computer system. Granted we are talking a monitor that is about 7 years old and seen some use and while it may not be as bright as it was when new, it still performs great and is much easier on the eyes with greater visual working area than my previous 17inch monitor, the other consideration with my choice of this type monitor is it has Apple proprietary ADC cable connection which is what my computer is designed for using, this maybe a downfall for some as the industry standard now days is the DVI cable connector. However at least if someone still prefers to have an Apple monitor that only has an ADC connector an adapter is available for those who only have the standard DVI connector on their computer. The Apple 22 inch M8149 LCD monitor is a wonderful piece of equipment that retains that older Apple esthetic look utilizing the clear plastic and silver/graphite accents. On a personal note I could not afford to shell out about $2500 for one of these monitors when they were new, but I always wanted one, recently I was able to pick one up for $110. I know what I like and what I want, but I am also fiscally conservative and I will not spend money needlessly either so this is why I tend stay about 5 to 7 years behind in my technology needs and usage. The M8149 22 inch Apple LCD monitor is an excellent choice, providing there is no obvious malfunction, offering less eye strain and much more visual working area, for a fraction of the price of one cost new. So if a person is shopping for this vintage type and style of Apple equipment, much of this equipment is being changed out now in favor of new equipment by business and education environments, so many of these originally high end Apple monitors are finding themselves being offered on the secondary market for a much more palatable price. Read full review
- 4551f46066e747e...Sep 16, 2013by
Apple engineers are hard to beat, especially older equipment
These monitors from Apple are old but can definitely hold their own with the later LED types. It does require additional costs for a DVI to screen power/video/etc. unit. Very pleased so I will keep using them as long as they are available.
- tabdashackApr 26, 2010by
I had 2 of the 17 inch monitors and they were very clear. I decided to get either a 22 or 23. I found this one,(22) and it is flawless. No scratches, marks etc. Worth researching to find the condition you want. Note these monitors have different connectors.Some have DVI and some have Apple's ADC connector. I have read it both ways (M8058ZM/A is ADC) but I have seen M8149 listed with ADC also. Bottom line is-If it has ADC you may need the Power Adapter Apple M8661LL/B unless you have a G4. Anyhow check it out. I bought mine -it was listed as M8149 BUT came with the adapter, so it hooked right up. It is beautiful!! The release price on these 22 inch was $3999 then dropped to $2499 halfway through the availability of the monitor. I think it can't be beat. Bob
- cbrock2009Oct 03, 2010by
Two Monitors for the price of not even half a new one!
These older Apple Cinema displays are showing up on eBay for around $100. For the price of two ($200), you can have a dual monitor display on your desk that comes in at about half the price of even one new Apple display. You get the two USB ports on the rear and incredibly crisp clear graphics. Highly recommended, these monitors are a forgotten treasure among the many many things on eBay.
- cheapjeep_95Apr 01, 2011by
Great Monitor if you have the connection
The older studio displays are still top notch in color reproduction and overall quality. If you can get past the plastic styling and have access to a ADC connection (older mac or adapter) then these are a great value.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Monitors
Save on Monitors
- $88.51Trending at $91.99
- $349.99Trending at $369.99
- $165.00Trending at $193.00
- $414.99Trending at $439.00
- $109.65Trending at $118.50
- $89.99Trending at $123.29
- $99.99Trending at $123.99