More items related to this product
Best Selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- $7.98Trending at $14.99
- $7.98Trending at $14.96
- $7.50Trending at $14.62
- $10.80Trending at $14.68
- $65.00Trending at $129.27
- $52.00Trending at $59.95
- $7.30Trending at $8.99
About this product
- DescriptionSome greedy scientists discover the 'blood orchid' holds the secret to immortality, blooms once every seven years, and only grows deep in the jungles of giant python-infested Borneo. Quickly, an expedition is formed but it's the rainy season and the only boat they can charter is a leaky barge belonging to unshaven Captain Johnson (Johnny Mesner). The cute blonde in the expedition (KaDee Strickland) digs Johnson's stoic demeanour, while her scientist boss (Matthew Marsden) tries to win her through promises of untold riches once they find that orchid. Some of the other potential items on the snakes' menu: Johnson's burly co-pilot (Karl Yune), a handsome ship's doctor (Nicholas Gonzalez), a shrieking techie nerd (Cole Burris), Johnson's pet monkey, and two corporate money-grabbers (Morris Chestnut and Salli Richardson). Of course the only ones who are going to be doing any real grabbing here are the gigantic anacondas, who recognise a boat full of lunch when they see one. They attack from nowhere and are big and fast. As if they weren't enough trouble, there are also poison spiders, a giant crocodile, dangerous waterfalls, explosions, treachery, headhunters, and slimy leeches. Fans of the original may miss Jon Voight, but pretty much everything else--a great mixture of fun, suspense, and both intentional and unintentional laughs--is here, including the healthy tweaking of racial and sexual horror-film stereotypes. Monster movie connoisseurs will find this a meal they can swallow whole and digest for days.
- Leading Role 1Johnny Messner
- Director 1Dwight Little
- Leading Role 2Morris Chestnut
- Leading Role 3Kadee Strickland
- Additional Roles bySalli Richardson,Matthew Marsden
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesArabic,Bulgarian,Croatian,Czech,Danish,Dutch,English,Finnish,Greek,Hebrew,Hindi,Hungarian,Icelandic,Norwegian,Romanian,Serbian,Slovenian,Swedish,Turkish
- Running Time93 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- 137290500@delet...Jul 01, 2006by
movie didnt work
I GUESS THE MOVIE WOULD HAVE NICE IF I COULD HAVE WATCHED IT WAS ALL MESSED AND SCATCHED UP.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.