All listings for this product
Best Selling in Network Hubs
Save on Network Hubs
- $219.63Trending at $231.26
- $54.12Trending at $59.79
- $39.73Trending at $44.61
- $29.33Trending at $33.99
- $20.99Trending at $25.07
- $29.99Trending at $30.65
- $14.99Trending at $18.99
About this product
- Product InformationFor Enterprise Ethernet networks needing a scalable, stackable, future-proof Gigabit switching solution, the 3Com SuperStack 3 Switch 3870 is recommended.It is ideal for Gigabit to the desktop applications in high performance workgroups. As the basis for a future-proof Enterprise workgroup environment, with compatibility with slower desktop connections, it can be the platform to support a gradual move to Gigabit speeds.This 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet switch combines wirespeed Layer 2 switching with stackability to up to eight units high via a 40Gbps stacking architecture for impressive scalability - to 384 ports total. The hardware supports a 10-Gigabit expansion slot and is Layer 3-capable for investment protection.The Switch 3870's auto-sensing 10/100/1000 copper ports provide flexible desktop and workgroup attachments, which can ease migration for environments with a mix of 10/100 and Gigabit-enabled desktops and servers. Four dual-purpose slots support SFPs that can connect to fiber cabling for flexible Gigabit Ethernet backbone and server connections.Resiliency features such as IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol and IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation (LACP) across stacked units help ensure uptime and availability. Enterprise-class security features include IEEE 802.1X network login, SSH/SSL encrypted device login, and access control lists.
- ModelSwitch 3870
- Form FactorExternal
- Ports Qty48
- Data Transfer Rate1 Gbps
- Data Link ProtocolEthernet,Fast Ethernet (100-Mbit/s),Gigabit Ethernet (1000-Mbit/s)
- Other FeaturesFlow control, full duplex capability, DHCP support, auto-negotiation, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), DiffServ support, stackable
- Networking TypeSwitch
- Connectivity TechnologyWired
- Remote Management ProtocolHTTP,RMON 1,SNMP 1,SNMP 2,Telnet
- Routing ProtocolRIP
- MAC Address Table Size16K entries
- Interfaces1 x management - RJ-45,2 x network stack device,4 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45,44 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
- Power SourceAC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power SupplyPower supply - internal
- ProcessorMotorola MPC8245 466 MHz
- Width17.32 in.
- Height1.77 in.
- Depth16.34 in.
- Weight11.02 lbs
- Enclosure TypeExternal - 1U
- Humidity Range Operating (Range)10 - 90%
- Max Operating Temperature104 ˚F
- Min Operating Temperature32 ˚F
Most relevant reviews
- ocs.corpFeb 18, 2014by
you absolutely can not go wrong with these switches
excellent switch. console is very similar to cisco IOS CLI. recently deployed two of these units in a mid range enterprise for backbone aggregation and been 3 days so far, running smooth.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.