All listings for this product
About this product
- Product Information<h2>Ron Guth</h2><p>Mintmark positions can and do vary widely on most Lincoln Cents and should not be used as a means of authenticating a particular coin.</p><br /><h2>David Hall</h2><P>The 1911-S is one of the better Lincolns in all grades. Among the early dates, in circulated grades only the 1909-S VDB, 1909-S and 1914-D are worth more than the 1911-S. The 1911-S is very scarce in mint state and rare in Gem Full Red condition. Interestingly, in Gem Full Red the 1911-S is a little more available than the S-mints that follow.</P><P>Most 1911-S Lincolns are decently struck. The color on Full Red examples is a little more subdued than on the later issues.</P>
- PCGS Number2447
- CategoryHalf-Cents and Cents; Lincoln Cent (Wheat Reverse); Type 1, Wheat Reverse
- CountryThe United States of America
- MintSan Francisco
- Strike TypeBusiness
- Mint LocationSan Francisco, California
- Mint MarkS
- Diameter19 millimeters
- Weight3.11 grams
- Composition95% Copper, 5% Tin and Zinc
- DesignerVictor David Brenner
Most relevant reviews
- airflowcuJan 11, 2017by
Exactly as portrayed
Glad to have this coin to complete my collection.
Verified purchase: Yes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.