Neat getaway package
- Lots to do and customize (especially with the new crafting system, Nook miles, and the landscaping capability)!
- No more need to soft-reset the game to get that 'ideal' village start (past Animal crossing fans will get this).
- Vaulting across a river is addictive, as is climbing ladders over cliffs.
- The new villagers are adorable!
- The museum in this game really draws you in.
- Inventory space is abundant.
- Any AC fans who love fishing will enjoy the range of fishing spots.
To me, the main drawback is the limited NPCs/'amenities' in your island village (at least for the current versions of the game). The main infrastructures are Nook's shop, the Able Sisters, the Museum and the Town Ha-- Resident Services. There's no police station, no lighthouse, no clubLOL, the post office is combined with the airport, and even the good old cafe is gone (on a vacation island w/o Brewster!). As a result, your village may feel less 'bustling'.
On the bright side, the omission of these amenities does open up the available space on the island for anything else your creative mind sets off to (or the island can just stay simple and clean). Hopefully, some old features might return in a future update!
I highly recommend this game! It's perfect for winding down at night after working from home. Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New