As a kid, Tony Hawk was intelligent, high-strung, and hyperactive — a combination his mother once described as “challenging.” When he was nine, Tony received a skateboard from his older brother. That gift changed his life and gave him an outlet for all of his energy. Growing up in San Diego, Tony considered the local skatepark his home away from home and skateboarding the sport that delivered him into a tight community, shaping his character and teaching him lessons in leadership, perseverance, and initiative.
Today, Tony’s two greatest passions are children and skateboarding. To that passion, Tony has worked to help young people by creating more public skateboard parks. Through the Tony Hawk Foundation, he has provided grants and technical assistance for new parks, especially in low-income areas.
Now on eBay is a Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary Edition that has been personalized by Tony Hawk and Mickey Cohen Motorsports. One thousand T100 110th Anniversary Edition motorcycles were built by Triumph, but only 250 were sent to the U.S. to be eagerly purchased by enthusiasts and collectors.
The “Hawkized” motorcycle features Triumph’s legendary 865cc parallel twin engine with electronic fuel injection and a 5-speed transmission. Special features include the limited edition Brooklands Green with Aluminum Silver paint, a crest reminiscent from the very first Triumph built in 1902, chrome trim, and a numbered handle bar clamp and certificate of authenticity. This particular bike is production number 665 out of the 1,000 made.
Mickey Cohen Motorsports, a long-time Triumph race and performance shop once named “Tuner of the Year” by AMA Pro Racing, built this bike to be even more rare for the Tony Hawk Foundation by giving it the full café racer treatment.
Custom treatments include the following to create a genuine café racer:
- Mickey Cohen Motorsports exhaust
- British Customs Café Racer seat with Lucas taillight
- Renthal ‘Fat Boy’ handle bars with CRG bar end mirrors
- Triumph Genuine Accessories adjustable billet levers
- Triumph Thruxton bobbed front fender
- British Customs rear fender elimination kit
- Hagon stainless steel shock absorber bodies
- Triumph Thruxton 18-inch front wheel kit with black rims and hubs and stainless steel spokes
- British Customs 160 wide rear tire kit with black rims and hubs and stainless steel spokes
- British Customs vintage rear sprocket
- Joker Machine ignition relocation bracket
- Assorted chrome and billet aluminium trim
Originally priced at $10,499, this bike is now valued at more than $15,000. 100 percent of the money raised from this bike goes directly to the Tony Hawk Foundation a registered 501c3 non-profit organization empowering at-risk youth through the creation of free, public skatepark projects.
2012 “Hawkized” Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary Edition — Bid with confidence now and grab a piece of motorcycle history in addition to helping fund a worthy cause that supports disadvantaged communities and at-risk children. Auction finishes August 19, 2012 19:00 PDT