You can pick which shipping methods you want to offer your buyers when creating your listing. Depending on whether you're using our quick listing tool, or our advanced listing form, you'll do this in slightly different ways:
- On the listing page, scroll down to the Shipping section.
- Choose whether you want to:
- Ship your item: You select a fixed cost, or we calculat ethe cost for you based on package weight and dimensions. You can pay the shipping cost yourself
- Offer local pickup: Buyers pick up the tirem from your home or another site of your choosing
- Offer both options.
If you choose to ship your item:
- In Ship your item, enter a fixed cost or the package weight and dimensions so we can calculate the cost.
- If you're not happy with the recommended shipping service, select Change shipping service to choose another option.
- Select the calculated rate, or select the option to charge a fixed amount, then enter the amount. You can also choose to offer free shipping and pay it yourself.
If you offer local pickup, enter the ZIP code for your item location.
- On the listing page, scroll down to the Shipping details section.
- Under Domestic shipping, you can select:
- Calculated: Cost varies by location (you can use the shipping calculator - opens in new window or tab to get an estimate for each postal service's charge)
- Flat: Same cost to all buyers (create your own rate tables detailing your shipping charges for each area)
- Freight: Large and bulky items
- No shipping: Local pickup only
- From the dropdown menu under Services, select your preferred service(s).
- If you're offering a flat rate, enter the shipping cost or select local pickup.
- You can also apply any combined shipping rules or promotional shipping rules by selecting the boxes next to these options.
- Set your handling cost (calculated shipping only) and handling time.
- Add your package type, weight, and dimensions.
You can also choose to set buyer requirements to exclude buyers who have a delivery address in countries you don't want to ship to, or have a history of unpaid items. See Setting buyer requirements for more information.
If business policy management is available to you, you can opt in to set up business policies on payment, shipping, and returns to apply to all your listings. If you're eligible, you'll see the opt-in tool in Selling - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
Before setting your shipping options for an item, look at the options other sellers are offering so your rates are competitive.
- Offering local pickup
- Drop shipping
- Using our shipping calculator
- International shipping for sellers
- Global Shipping Program
- USPS and UPS package types