Relisting is also possible if the buyer didn't pay, you had to cancel the order, or you had to end the listing early, but in these situations you have to do so manually.
Keep in mind too that normal insertion fees still apply when you relist an item, as do fees for any listing upgrades you've chosen even if the item is relisted automatically.
It can take a few hours before you see an item that's been relisted appear on the site.
Automatic relisting on eBay
When you create a listing, the automatic relisting option is pre-selected. If your item doesn't initially sell, we'll automatically relist it up to 3 times.
All sellers get zero insertion fee listings every month – how many you get depends on whether or not you have a subscription to an eBay Store, and what type of subscription you have. When you list an item or when an item is relisted, it counts towards your zero insertion fee listings balance. If you've used up your zero insertion fee listings allowance at the time of listing or relisting, you'll be charged an insertion fee even when the item is relisted automatically. You'll also be charged for any advanced listing upgrades every time your item is relisted too.
If you don't want to relist automatically, unselect Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell when you're reviewing your listing.
You'll be charged a final value fee when your item sells.
When you're eligible for automatic relisting, you'll see the option pre-selected in the listing form.
How to remove automatic relisting
You can remove the automatic relist option at any time:
- In Selling Activity - opens in new window or tab, find your item in the Active Selling section. From More actions, select Remove Automatic Relist
- On Seller Hub, find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing. From More actions, select Remove Automatic Relist
Categories excluded from automatic relisting
Items in some categories can't be relisted automatically, including:
- Business > Businesses for Sale
- Home & Garden > Real Estate
- Tickets, Travel > Flights
- Tickets, Travel > Tickets
- Tickets, Travel > Travel
- Tickets, Travel > Vouchers, Gift Certificates
Manual relisting on eBay
When you want to relist an item because you've ended a listing early, canceled an order, or the buyer didn't pay, you’ll need to relist manually. When you do, it's important to remember that manually relisted items count towards your zero insertion fee listings balance as long as you haven't used up your monthly allowance.
- In My eBay Selling Activity - opens in new window or tab, find your item in the Active Selling section. From More actions, select Relist
- On Seller Hub, find the Active - opens in new window or tab & listing. From More actions, select Relist
When you manually relist an auction-style listing and the item sells during the second listing period, you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit.