You can also relist your item manually if you need to. For example, if you ended your listing early for some reason but now you want to put it back up on eBay.
When an item is relisted, either automatically or manually, it can take a few hours before it appears on the site.
Automatic relists and renewals
If you select the auto-relist option (if available) when you create your listing:
- Auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times
- Auctions with a duration of 1 or 3 days will be automatically relisted up to 8 times as a 7-day listing
- Auto-relists are free, except for listings in vehicles categories
Automatic relisting is available for most categories, but there are some exclusions (see below). If your item doesn’t sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items - opens in new window or tab.
Keep in mind that the automatic relist option is only available on listings created by new and occasional sellers. The option will not show for other sellers.
eBay vehicles categories
You can choose to automatically relist items in eBay vehicles categories up to 2 times. The fees for the original listing will apply for each relist.
Categories excluded from automatic relisting
Items in some categories can’t be relisted automatically, including:
- Business > Businesses for Sale
- Home & Garden > Real Estate
- Tickets, Travel > Flights
- Tickets, Travel > Tickets
- Tickets, Travel > Travel
- Tickets, Travel > Vouchers, Gift Certificates
Monthly renewals of fixed price listings
Fixed price listings are set to Good ’Til Cancelled duration by default. This means your listing will renew automatically every month until it sells or you end it.
When you refund a buyer for a return or a canceled order, we’ll automatically relist your item for you. If you don’t want your item to be relisted, simply uncheck the Relist item or Relist item after cancellation box when issuing the refund.
In some circumstances, you might need to manually relist your item. For example, if you ended your listing early, or if you didn’t select the auto-relist option for your auction-style listings.
We charge an insertion fee (or count it as a zero insertion fee listing) for both the original listing and the manual relisting. However, if your relisted item sells, you may qualify for an insertion fee credit.
Here’s how to manually relist an item:
- In My eBay, find your item in the Unsold - opens in new window or tab section. Under actions, select Relist
- In Seller Hub, check the box beside the listing on the Manage unsold listings - opens in new window or tab page and select Relist
Keep in mind that fees for any listing upgrades you’ve chosen will apply when an item is relisted manually.