Starting July 1, 2019, the Good 'Til Canceled renewal schedule will change from every 30 days to once per calendar month. The new monthly renewal date will be based on the listing start date.
We’re making this change to make it easier for sellers to align with monthly billing cycles and promotions. See our spring Marketplace Update - opens in new window or tab for more details.
You can also relist your item if the buyer didn't pay, you had to cancel the order, or you had to end the listing early, but in these situations you have to do so manually.
When an item is relisted, either automatically or manually, it can take a few hours before it appears on the site.
Auction style listings:
- If you're using the quick listing tool:
- Automatic relisting is selected by default
- Auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times
- Auctions with a duration of 1 or 3 days may be relisted up to 8 times as a 7-day listing
- If you're using the advanced listing form to create an auction with a duration of 5 days or more:
- You can choose to automatically relist the item by checking the Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell box.
Automatic relisting is available in most categories, but there are some exclusions (see below). If your item doesn't sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items.
We charge an insertion fee (or count it as a zero insertion fee listing) for the original auction-style listing. If you're a non-business seller, the automatic relists are free. If you're selling on eBay as a business, we charge an insertion fee (or count it as a zero insertion fee listing ) each time the item is relisted.
Categories excluded from automatic relisting
Items in some categories can't be relisted automatically, including:
- Business > Businesses for Sale
- Home & Garden > Real Estate
- Tickets, Travel > Flights
- Tickets, Travel > Tickets
- Tickets, Travel > Travel
- Tickets, Travel > Vouchers, Gift Certificates
Fixed price listings:
Fixed price listings are set to Good 'Til Cancelled duration by default. This means your item will be listed on eBay until it sells or you end it.
Auction style listings with a 1- to 3-day duration may have to be relisted manually. If you need to relist an auction or fixed price listing because you ended it early, canceled an order, or the buyer didn't pay, you'll also have to do this manually.
We charge an insertion fee (or count it as a zero insertion fee listing ) for both the original listing and the manual relisting. However, if your relisted item sells, you may qualify for an insertion fee credit.
Here's how to manually relist an item:
- In My eBay, find your item in the Unsold - opens in new window or tab section. Under actions, select Relist
- On Seller Hub, find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing. From the Actions dropdown, select Relist
Keep in mind that fees for any listing upgrades you've chosen will apply when an item is relisted manually.
How to remove automatic relisting from auction style listings
You can remove automatic relisting from auction style listings in Seller Hub. Here's how:
- Find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing.
- Check the box beside the listing.
- From Actions, select Remove Automation rules
- Select Remove rule.
If you're using the advanced listing form you can also deselect Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell in the listing form.