We have a used clothing policy so buyers can be confident they’ll get clean, stain-free items when they buy on eBay.
Health and hygiene is also one of our top priorities, so our policy outlines why certain items can't be sold on the site.
What is the policy?
- Used underwear and socks are not allowed, even if they are clean. Examples include boxer shorts, panties, briefs, diapers, and athletic supporters. Bras are not considered underwear
- Used clothing must be properly cleaned and include a statement that the item has been properly cleaned
- Listings for used clothing can’t include language or images that fetishize the item, such as personal statements about the person modeling the item
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or canceling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps maintain a professional marketplace while allowing some used items to be offered for sale.