Health and hygiene is also one of our top priorities so our policy outlines why certain items can't be sold on the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of used clothing can I sell?
Aside from underwear, socks, and some athletic garments, you can list any clean, stain-free used clothing.
What do I need to keep in mind when selling used clothes?
Make sure you clearly state in your listing that the item is used. Also avoid any adult content in the listing.
Read our full policy
Used clothing policy overview
Used clothing (except underwear and socks) can be listed on eBay with restrictions. The item must be properly cleaned and the listing must clearly state that the item is used. eBay strictly prohibits the sale of used clothing listed with inappropriate images or content.
Adult-themed clothing items may be listed in the Adult Only category, however, additional requirements set out in the Clothing (new or used) section of the Adult Only category policy apply. Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it will be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and permanent suspension of your account.
- Diaper covers
- Most used clothing (shirts, pants, dresses, etc.), as long as it has been cleaned, the seller states that the item is used, and there is no inappropriate content in the listing
- Used cloth diapers can be sold, as long as the listing states clearly that the item has been properly cleaned
- The following items, as long as there's no inappropriate content in the listing or any indication that the item was worn as underwear:
- Bathing suits
- Wrestling singlets
- Vintage undergarments, as long as they are not modeled or recently worn
- Athletic supporters
- Boxer shorts
- Children's sized underwear
- Jock straps
- Any used clothing item with content we find to be inappropriate. We consider the overall content of the listing, including the description and images, when making this assessment
- Used articles of clothing marketed or described as well-worn fetish items are strictly prohibited
Why does eBay have this policy?
We require our buyers and sellers to follow all laws and government health codes. For health and hygiene reasons, we don't allow the sale of used underwear.