Photos are one of the most important parts of your listing because they allow potential buyers to see the item's exact condition, and help them decide whether to bid or buy. We recommend including more than one to help increase your chances of a successful sale.
What is the policy?
The following are not allowed:
- Photos that don't accurately represent the item
- Placeholder images used to convey messages
- Stock photos for used, damaged, or defective items
- Photos with added borders
- Photos with added text, artwork or marketing material
- Watermarks of any type, including those used for ownership attributions
Photos must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side.
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
High-quality images improve the buying experience, so listings that follow these rules are more likely to sell. These rules also ensure that your photos follow the rules of popular internet search engines.