Photos are one of the most important parts of your listing because they allow potential buyers to see the item's exact condition, and help them decide whether to bid or buy. We recommend including more than one to help increase your chances of a successful sale.
What is the policy?
The following are not allowed:
- Photos that don't accurately represent the item
- Placeholder images used to convey messages
- Stock photos for used, damaged, or defective items
- Photos with added borders
- Photos with added text, artwork or marketing material
- Watermarks of any type, including those used for ownership attributions
Photos must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side.
Listings that don't follow these rules may be removed from the site or from search results. Other actions we may take include lowering a seller's rating, charging additional fees, limiting buying and selling privileges, or suspending an account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
High-quality images improve the buying experience, so listings that follow these rules are more likely to sell. These rules also ensure that your photos follow the rules of popular internet search engines.