There's no fee to join, earn, or use eBay Bucks. Once you've signed up, you'll automatically receive a percentage of a qualifying item's purchase price in the form of eBay Bucks.
eBay Bucks accrue every 3 months. At the end of each 3-month earning period, we'll send you an eBay Bucks certificate for the amount of Bucks you've earned, which can be used to buy more of the things you love on eBay.
You can earn:
- Up to $100 in eBay Bucks per transaction (regardless of the number of items purchased in that transaction)
- Up to $500 in eBay Bucks per participant per 3-month earning period
Once we've issued your certificate, you'll have 30 days to redeem it. See the complete list of terms and conditions - opens in new window or tab for more details.
How to sign up and start earning
To sign up for eBay Bucks, go to eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab and select Sign Up.
Then just look for the Bucks icon when you're shopping on eBay. When you buy qualifying items, we'll automatically track how many Bucks you earn, and send you a certificate at the end of every 3-month earning period.
To participate in eBay Bucks, you need to be a US or Canadian resident and your eBay account must not have any holds or suspensions.
You'll see the Bucks icon in the listing of qualifying items. Most items qualify for eBay Bucks, as long as they're:
- Items you bid on or bought after enrolling in the program
- Listed on eBay.com or eBay.ca
Purchases from the following categories don't qualify for eBay Bucks:
- eBay Motors categories (excluding purchases from Parts & Accessories)
- Coins & Paper Money > Bullion
- Real Estate
- eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards and Digital Gift purchases in the Gift Cards & Coupons category
- Business & Industrial > Heavy Equipment
How to redeem eBay Bucks
When you find what an item you want to buy, here's how to redeem your eBay Bucks certificate:
- Make sure the username on your account is the same as the username you used to sign up for eBay Bucks.
- At checkout, select the checkbox next to your subtotal to apply your eBay Bucks to your purchase and pay.
In some cases, the eBay Bucks certificate may not appear at checkout. If you're sure you have an eBay Bucks certificate available, you can still redeem it manually. Here's how:
- Get your certificate code from the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Continue to checkout - opens in new window or tab to make your purchase.
- Enter your code in the Gift cards, coupons, eBay Bucks box at the bottom of the checkout page, then select Apply.
You can't transfer your eBay Bucks certificate to someone else, and you can't combine eBay Bucks earned on multiple accounts.
How to leave the eBay Bucks program
If you decide to leave the eBay Bucks program, go to the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay and select Unenroll from eBay Bucks. You'll lose any rewards you've earned.
How to re-enroll in the eBay Bucks program
You can re-enroll in eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab at any time. However, any eBay Bucks you earned before you left the program will no longer be available.
You can earn eBay Bucks even faster with Bucks bonus offers. When bonus offers are available, you'll see them in the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay. You'll also see information about bonus offers when you view and purchase qualifying items.