Trampolines are a popular pastime for children and adults alike. Trampolines are ever more readily available, but knowing which size to pick can be problematic. The Internet is a vast place and it can seem overwhelming knowing where to start looking for a trampoline online, but with the help of this handy guide, finding the right sized trampoline on eBay will be easy.
Varieties of Trampoline Size
The size of a trampoline may just appear to be an aesthetic choice but it requires a little understanding of what the buyer wants from the trampoline. The factors concerning the size of trampoline purchased will be ones such as age and weight of the users as well as the size of the environment the trampoline will be placed in.
The way the springs react with the size and strength of the frame means that some types of jumping style will be more effective, for example a higher bounce will be achieved with a larger trampoline than with a smaller one. The user's strength and experience will also impact on the size of the trampoline.
The table below describes the most common trampoline sizes available and also their appropriate uses:
Ideal for a small garden or families with young children. 8ft trampolines are often low to the ground which makes them easier for users to climb on without the use of a ladder.
10ft trampolines are good for larger children and for users of a heavier weight, and these size trampolines will still be suitable for a smaller garden.
12ft trampolines are the popular size that seems to be the right size for a variety of users. A larger garden or space would be needed to accommodate this size but the weight capacity is greater and therefore better for families with children of different ages.
14ft trampolines will fill a lot of space in a garden, and trampolines of this size are better for users who wish to practise jumping styles and tricks such as somersaults and backflips.
15ft Trampolines are similar to 14ft ones in the aspect they are good for users who wish to practise some gymnastic technique.
This is the biggest size of trampoline and best for large gardens and for users who wish to practise jumping seriously.
How to Choose a Trampoline Based On the Table Above
Based on the information given on the sizes of trampolines available, it is now vital to ask some questions to help with the purchasing decision.
* What is the weight of the user(s)?
* What is the age of the intended user(s)?
* How big is the space for the trampoline?
Before making a purchasing decision about which size is right, take a tape measure and measure the ground where the trampoline will be intended to go. Ensure that the ground is level where the trampoline will be placed. Sloped ground will throw the users off balance as they jump on the trampoline.
For users with young children a trampoline sized from 8ft-10ft is ideal but take into account that the children will grow quickly and their changing weight will impact on the performance of the trampoline. It is often advisable to go up a size in this case.
If the user will be using the trampoline to practise jumping, then the right size would be around 12ft-14ft trampoline as these are designed to offer more lift. If the user will only just the trampoline for playing on or light exercise, then a 10ft-12ft trampoline is likely to be a better option.
For users wishing to practice using a trampoline seriously, then a larger one such as a 16ft trampoline will be perfect.
Five Top Reasons to Buy a Trampoline on eBay
When it comes to looking for a good trampoline, eBay offers many advantages:
* Easy and convenient to look at a wide range of trampolines in different sizes.
* eBay offers easy buying options like auctions or 'Buy it Now' options.
* There are many reliable top rated sellers who have great customer feedback.
* Secure payment methods like PayPal makes payment straightforward and easy.
* Good selection of both new and used trampolines on eBay.
How to Buy a Trampoline On eBay
To begin looking for a shaped trampoline go to the eBay home portal: www.ebay.co.uk and select theToys & Games category. From there select the Outdoor Toys & Activities. Enter the shape of the trampoline first, and then 'trampoline' afterwards, so for example if looking for a larger trampoline search for 16ft Trampoline or for a smaller trampoline search for 8ft Trampolines to browse the ranges available.
When purchasing a trampoline the buyer will want to consider some of the following points:
* Price-the price of a trampoline depending on its size. The buyer should research the range of prices when it comes to trampolines, depending which size they have wish to purchase. The buyer can also search for listings between specific values, for example to look for listings between £25 and £150 .
* Condition-Trampolines will come in several conditions and this will depend on the buyer's preference. For example they are happy with purchasing a 14ft used trampoline , they can add this option to their search by selecting the 'used' option. This similarly can be done for trampolines in a new condition. Some sellers may not have specified the condition of the trampoline they are selling; this will come under ' not specified ' .
* Postage-some offer free postage /delivery, these will be popular listings and are normally offered by businesses on eBay. Express delivery can be selected as well as the destination the seller will ship to.
Once the above aspects have been considered and a listing has been found, the next step is to look at the listing in closer detail. When looking at buying a trampoline there are some questions to ask about the listing:
* Are there lots of pictures of the listing?
* Have key features been described in the listing's description?
* Is the seller offering warranties or insurance?
Don't hesitate to contact the seller about the listing, they will be more than happy to answer any enquiries. Private sellers will offer different postage options, but for used trampolines it will be more common to offer collection. It is therefore advisable to look at the distance of the item before making a purchasing decision.
The two main ways of making a purchase on eBay are the ' Auction ' and 'Buy it now' options. The auction option is advantageous as it allows the buyer to put in a price they wish to pay for the item, although because it is an auction system the buyer can be outbid on the item.
In general it is best to set a personal limit and not to exceed that limit as when a bid is made on eBay, the buyer is entering into a legal contract to ensure payment for the item if they win. 'Buy it now' options are perfect for buyers who wish only pay the price stated, and this will guarantee them the item. Listings with buy it now will also offer good postage options.
When buying a trampoline in new condition, there is a great advantage as on eBay there are many sellers who specialise in outdoor equipment like trampolines. Sellers like these will offer a wide range of trampolines in a range of sizes.
To narrow down the range of listings to business sellers on eBay, simply select the ' Top Rated eBay Sellers ' on the left hand side. Before making a purchasing decision it is best to look at the amount and type of feedback the seller has, this will ensure that the trampoline is of good quality. Also check the warranty on the trampoline, if there is an option to purchase warranty, this would be highly recommended. Spare parts for the trampoline can be purchased, such as springs and new padding covers. A good quality trampoline will be bring joy for many years to come but having some spare pieces such as springs will ensure a good long life for the trampoline.
Rules to Obey When Using a Trampoline
* Only ever one user at a time. Children should always be supervised by a responsible adult.
* Maintain a clear area around the trampoline at all times i.e. don't leave toys or garden clutter around it.
* Never let animals or children under go under the trampoline when it is being used.
* If a tear or any damage occurs during use, get off the trampoline as once so as not to risk injury to the users.
It will come down to personal preference when selecting a trampoline, but the advice given in this guide will help making the decision a little easier. The advantages of using eBay are endless when it comes to looking foroutdoor toys and activities for the family. The range of trampolines is ever expanding and evolving online, and eBay is now the perfect place to find the right sized trampoline.