All sunglasses and eyewear have a standardized size measurement system that consists of three numbers printed on the inside of the left temple which represents the size. These numbers are written in millimeters for more accuracy.
What do the numbers mean?
All sunglasses and eyewear have a standardized three number size code. This code is found on the inside of the left arm of the sunglasses. An example of what a size code looks like is below.
The size of the sunglasses on the above is 62-10-140.
- The first number is called the “eye” and is the distance across one lens.
- The second number is called the “bridge” and is the distance between the lenses
- If the size number for the bridge is "00" or "01" this means that the lens is one piece - shield style.
- The third number is called the “temple” and is the length of the arm piece.
Why is this number important?
- If you want to know the total size across the front of the sunglasses multiply the first number (Eye) by 2 and add the second number (Bridge).
- If you have a frame that fits you well then you can compare that size to sunglasses and frames listed in our Ebay Store Mucha Bella Sunglasses.
- If you have any questions about sunglasses and eyewear contact our customer service department, we will be happy to help you.