rag & bone Shorts for Women
Founded in 2002, rag & bone has been making womenswear since 2005. The brand features a wide selection of shorts that come in many styles and fabrics.What are some styles of women’s rag & bone shorts?
The brand offers many different styles of shorts, from distressed denim to more elegant tailoring. The company offers everything from athletic-looking silk shorts to formal wool tweed shorts. Some styles have elastic waistbands and drawstrings. Other shorts have zippers, button closures, and belt loops. There are cargo-style shorts in a variety of fabrics and inseam lengths.
Denim is probably the biggest sub-category of shorts for women. In this fabric, everything from micro-minis to walking shorts is represented. Cutoff looks are common. Inseams can go from nonexistent to 8 inches. All of the styles of denim shorts, including the Justine, are practical in that they have pockets.What are the features of women’s shorts?
Shorts for women are made with attention to detail. When choosing a pair of shorts, pay special attention to the:
- Closure: Bottoms may have zippers, buttons, or both. Some styles feature elastic waistbands and/or drawstrings.
- Pockets: Most of the shorts do have pockets. The various styles include slant pockets, which are found on some leather shorts; cargo-style pockets with flaps; and standard jean-type riveted pockets.
- Inseam: Shorts for women are available in mini and longer styles. Common inseam measurements are 2, 3.5, and 8 inches.
Shorts are made from a variety of materials. They include everything from denim to suede.
- Cotton: Cotton and cotton blends are mainstays of women’s shorts. Some of the materials include knit, jersey-type fabrics, and cotton twill cargo-type fabrics.
- Denim: The brand offers a wide variety of denim in this category. These shorts often are 100% cotton, and sometimes they are cotton-synthetic blends. The most common style in denim women’s shorts is a distressed cutoff look with tears and fraying.
- Leather: The company also offers bottoms that are made from leather and suede. These fabrics are sturdy, natural materials. These styles are sometimes embellished with lace at the leg openings.
- Silk: This lightweight, breathable fabric often creates a dressier look than denim shorts do. Striped and printed styles are often available. Generally, woven fabrics, not knits, are used when it comes to silk.
- Wool: Shorts that are made with wool and wool blends can look very structured and formal. Casual styles are also available. Wool is a natural fiber that breathes well and dries more quickly than cotton does.
Bottoms for women are available in sizes 23-32. These sizes correspond to waist measurements in inches. They range from size 00 to size 12. See manufacturer site for details.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by rag & bone.