Take Movies and Music on the Go With an iPod Touch
An iPod Touch can be a great addition to your arsenal of electronic devices. Use it to take videos, play music, and snap photos wherever you go. Some models can even keep you connected to social media and your favorite iOS apps.What are the different iPod Touch generations?
This line of iPods was initially released in 2007. Since this first generation, there have been five other generations of the Touch. The following models were released on almost a yearly basis:
- 2nd generation in 2008
- 3rd generation in 2009
- 4th generation in 2010
- 5th generation in 2012
- 6th generation in 2015
- Touchscreen: The iPod Touch is a multi-purpose, iOS-based unit with touchscreen controls.
- Wi-Fi: It uses Wi-Fi to connect to the internet.
- Music: The iPod Tocuh can also store and play music, which you can get from iTunes.
- Games and Apps: You can access Apple's App Store to find games to play and helpful apps to add functionality.
- Camera: You can take pictures with its front-facing camera.
In addition to all of this, some models also allow you to use Apple?s FaceTime video calling system over Wi-Fi.What are the features of the 6th Generation iPod Touch?
New and used iPod Touch devices from the 6th generation are able to run iOS 12. It has an array of hardware features, including the following:
- The Apple A8 chip with 64-bit architecture
- 1 GB of LPDDR3 RAM
- 8MP Rear iSight Camera (video at 1080p at 30fps or 120fps slow-motion at 720p)
- 32 GB or 128 GB of storage
- 4-inch Retina display with 1136 by 640 resolution
AirPods use Bluetooth technology to connect to a device. AirPods also require at least iOS 10 to function. The sixth generation Touch model meets both of these requirements and can be paired with the AirPods. To initiate pairing, unlock your iPod and open the AirPods case. Press connect on the iPod alert to finish.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.