Everything You Need to Know About iPod Touch - 6th generation
Originally released in July 2015, the Apple iPod Touch 6th generation features an ultra thin design at only 6.1mm. This device has a 4-inch Multi-Touch Retina display and is both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled.What are some features of this device?
Some other features of the Apple iPod Touch 6th generation are:
- A8 chip with 64-bit architecture
- 1080p HD video recording
- Eight-megapixel iSight camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- iTunes and the App Store, Siri, iMessage
This model of iPod comes with the Home button, Volume up/down, On/Off Sleep/Wake, Built-in speaker, and 3.5 mm headphone jack. The charging port is the 30-pin lightening connector. This model features a 4-inch diagonal widescreen display with Multi-Touch IPS technology. The lithium-ion battery has a music playback time of up to 40 hours and a video playback time of up to eight hours. For gaming, it features a three-axis gyro and accelerometer.Whats the difference between an iPod touch and iPod classic?
The main difference in the classic version of Apples iPod is that it does not feature the touch display as the iPod Touch does. The iPod Touch 6th generation features storage sizes of:
The Apple iPod Touch in the 6th generation features color choices of pink, silver, gold, space gray, and blue.What kind of parental control settings can you use?
The 6th generation Apple iPod Touch supports iOS 11. To set parental controls, go to Settings on your device General Restrictions and tap to enable restrictions. You can set a passcode for access to changes here. You can also prevent your child from being able to install or delete apps or to make in-app purchases. Built-in Apple features that allow restrictions are:
- Siri; Dictation
You can set restrictions to prevent the playback of music with explicit content and video content with specific ratings. You can also filter website content to limit access to adult content via Safari, the included web browser by going to Settings; General Restrictions Websites and selecting All Websites, Limit Adult Content, or Specific Websites Only.
- Ratings: Select the country or region in the ratings section to automatically apply the appropriate content ratings.
- Music, podcasts; news: Prevent explicit content on the playback of music, music videos, podcasts, and news.
- Movies: Prevent movies with specific ratings.
- Books: Prevent content with specific ratings.
- Apps: Prevent apps with specific ratings.
- Siri: Prevent Siri from searching content from Google and Wikipedia.