A Quick Shopping Guide to the Apple iPhone X
The Apple iPhone X is a high-end smartphone that was originally designed to introduce and showcase many new technologies at the time of its release in November 2017. This affordable, preowned smartphone has 256 GB of internal storage space for apps and personal data. Buy your iPhone X unlocked or through a specific carrier on eBay.What features were added to the iPhone X?
The iPhone X smartphone builds on the legacy of its predecessors. Here is what Apple has added with this generation of smartphone:
- OLED screen - OLED stands for organic light-emitting diode, a type of display technology. Where LCD displays require a backlight to make the screen visible, OLED emits its own light. This allows for a brighter, more colorful, and overall thinner screen.
- Wireless charging - The iPhone X supports wireless charging through the Qi standard.
- New design - The iPhone X features a bezel-less design with glass and stainless steel. The glass back was added to allow a wireless charging signal to pass through unencumbered.
- Face ID - The introduction of the Face ID system allows you to authenticate your identity through facial recognition technology to unlock your phone and make payments easily.
- 3D Touch - Though this feature was introduced in a previous generation, the Apple iPhone X makes full use of the 3D Touch system, which responds to the amount of pressure you apply to the touchscreen.
Despite the similar names, the iPhone XS is actually a 12th-generation iPhone, whereas the iPhone X is an 11th-generation iPhone. Since it came out nearly a full year later, the iPhone XS added a gigabyte of extra RAM, more internal storage (depending on the model), and updated features. Notably, the iPhone X not only began with a minimum storage of 32 GB but included up to 256 GB of storage. The iPhone XS followed suit. Other than that, however, the two smartphones share more similarities than differences.Reasons to buy an affordable unlocked smartphone
The unlocked iPhone X is not tied down by any specific carrier. By purchasing an unlocked smartphone on eBay, you will have the freedom to choose your own carrier out of the box. This is particularly useful if you plan to switch carriers frequently, provided you have the right nano-SIM card. Regardless of which carrier you choose, the iPhone X supports GSM, CDMA, EV-DO, HSPA, LTE, and LTE Advanced networks.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.