Factors To Consider When Choosing a Tablet
An iPad can be defined as a tablet computer. It was first offered by Apple in 2010 and was labeled the 1st generation iPad because of the modest specifications it had compared to the current ones that are being produced.
This iPad mini has a striking resemblance to a larger version of an iPhone only that it is a bit wider; about the same size as a magazine.
Most individuals would prefer a larger screen especially if they use the device for reading. This tablet device also has various e-reader apps that you can choose from.
What are some of the features of the iPad mini?
- Operating system - The iPad mini runs on iOS. The hardware is also very similar to that of the iPhone. It has an app store where you can download different apps and games. The iPad mini runs on iOS 7. However, you can always upgrade to the more latest versions up to iOS 9.3.5.
- Connectivity - Although most of the iPads come with a Wi-Fi connection as the standard mode of connection, you can always buy an LTE version that is dual band and cellular unlocked so that you can connect to the internet on the go. Besides, there is the iCloud where you can backup your delicate data to avoid loss. Additionally, the mini device also has Bluetooth connectivity. This way, you can share apps and videos with other users.
- Display and cameras - The iPad mini has a 7.9" LED-backlit capacitative multi-touch touchscreen retina display. This display is perfect for reading e-books, playing games or also surfing the internet. This 1st gen mini iPad comes in space grey only. Front-mounted on the tablet is the 1.2 MP front iSight camera that you can use to facetime with your loved ones either via Wi-Fi or on a limited data connection. The outer body of the iPad mini is an oleophobic coating which is fingerprint resistant. A rear-mounted 5 MP camera that can take 1080p videos is also at the back of the device.
- Battery capacity - Under the hood of this iPad mini is non-removable and rechargeable lithium polymer (Li-Po) 4490 mAh battery that can deliver up to a day under heavy usage. It can keep the tablet up and running with features such as the three-axis gyro, accelerometer, and the compass. There are different storage capacities of the iPad such as 16 GB and the 32 GB.
What are some of the benefits of an iPad mini?
- Due to its small size, it is a handy replacement for a notebook. You will need some wipes for the screen in case it becomes smudgy.
- It is great for movies. There is an iPad stand which allows you to tilt your device at any angle and watch a movie.
- It is good for games. Thanks to its great processor speed with high MHz, the iPad mini can run heavy graphics 3D games with ease.
- It is a good e-reader. The bigger and brighter screen size it has makes it a suitable choice for e-reading. You can download online books and read them comfortably.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.