iBook PowerPC G4 Apple Laptops
The iBook PowerPC G4 by Apple is a line of laptops that provides you with the ability to perform a wide range of computing tasks with ample power. These iBook devices come in both pink and white and are outfitted with screens that range in size from 12 inches to slightly more than 14 inches. The iBook PowerPC G4 Apple laptops weigh less than five pounds, making them portable enough to carry around wherever you go.How much memory do these devices have?
Memory is the component within a computer that allows it to respond smoothly, load quickly, and run faster. These PowerPC systems come with varying amounts of memory. Between the four different G4 models, three are outfitted with 256 MB of memory while the other includes 512 MB of memory. Depending on the iBook G4 model that you select, you will have the ability to expand this memory to anywhere from 1.12 GB to 1.5 GB, allowing you to alter the amount to fit your specific computing needs.What are some features of the iBook PowerPC?
Although designed as an entry-level computer, the Apple iBook G4 comes with a substantial feature set that facilitates using the device for entertainment and work purposes.
- Each model is outfitted with a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive that allows you to use the device alongside your music and movie collection.
- If you would like to connect other devices to this system, some of the ports and peripherals equipped on the iBook G4 include an AirPort Extreme, Ethernet connectivity, optional Bluetooth, a FireWire 400, and two USB 2.0 slots that allow transferal of files from one device to another.
- The operating system on these computers is the Mac OS X, including the 10.3 and 10.4 versions.
- When watching a film or playing a video game, the iBook facilitates a 1024x768p resolution, which classifies as high definition.
- The graphics on the system are powered by the ATI Radeon 9200, which comes with 32 MB of memory.
- A tactile touchpad is included on every model, allowing you to navigate the computer in a variety of ways.
The amount of hard drive space that you are provided with all depends on the specific G4 model that you choose. The first two models that were released in 2003 and 2004 are equipped with drives of 30 GB, 40 GB, or 60 GB while the third model released in late 2004 is equipped with drives of 30 GB, 60 GB, or 80 GB. The final G4 model that was released in 2005 comes with four hard drive options, including ones at 40 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB, and 100 GB. Keep in mind that some of this space is taken up by system settings and other data that is automatically included in the device, which means that you should expect to have around five fewer gigabytes of space open to you than the listed amount. No matter the model you select, each of these drives runs at a speed of 4200 rpm.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.