Selecting a Contemporary Tiffany & Co. Frank Gehry Ring
For enthusiasts of Frank Gehry contemporary architecture, his contemporary designs are available as jewelry collections in collaboration with jewelry designer and retailer Tiffany & Co. The Frank Gehry jewelry collection brings together a fusion of movement and a simplified, deconstructed modernism for those who enjoy sharp angles and interesting contrasts in shapes, form, and design. A variety of Frank Gehry rings are available on eBay from a multitude of collections and prices.Frank Gehry's six jewelry collection
Between 2006 and 2013, Tiffany & Co. and Frank Gehry collaborated on six collections of jewelry that include necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. These collections portray certain design elements that were prominent in the architecture designed by Frank Gehry ranging from the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California, to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain. Frank Gehry's six collections include:
- The Orchid Collection - The Orchid Collection uses unusual folds to manipulate light and color in unique ways off high polish silver.
- The Fish Collection - The Fish Collection emphasizes sensual shapes and curves in materials such as acacia, ebony, and Pernambuco.
- The Torque Collection - The Torque Collection emphasizes graceful and energetic lines in unusual materials such as agate, cachalong, and black gold.
- The Equus Collection - The Equus Collection uses sterling silver and 18k white gold with precious gems to create curvaceous, free form shapes that are unrestrained by straight lines or angles.
- The Axis Collection - The Axis Collection uses metal bars of sterling silver and 18k gold to create geometric angles and shapes.
- The Fold Collection - The Fold Collection uses unique folds and links in the metal that never meet from end to end.
Iconic design concepts throughout Frank Gehry's architectural career have been incorporated into his jewelry design. Here are several correlations between architecture and jewelry.
- The Fish and Fold Collection - This demonstrates the links and chains used in El Piex, a fish sculpture designed by Frank Gehry, located in Barcelona, Spain.
- The Torque Collection - This demonstrates the smooth and graceful folds of The Gehry Tower in Hanover, Germany.
- The Orchid Collection - This uses unusual folds of metal to manipulate light like in the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California.
Most Frank Gehry rings are available for men, women, or unisex with multiple width options including extra narrow such as micro narrow (2mm) and narrow (3mm) as well as wide (12mm). See the manufacturer site for details.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Tiffany & Co. and Frank Gehry.