Frequently Asked Questions about the Xbox Live Gold Code
Xbox Live Gold is the official online subscription service of Microsoft gaming systems. By purchasing a subscription, you will unlock an array of exclusive features beyond the normal free features. To activate a Gold subscription, you simply buy the card and input the Xbox Live Gold code into your system.How long does an Xbox Live Gold subscription last?
Microsoft offers three subscription lengths: one month, three months, or a full year, depending on how long you want to try it out. You can also purchase a brief trial of the online service for two, three, or 14 days. No matter whether youre looking for a trial or full subscription, you can find what youre looking for on eBay. Once activated, you will need to renew the subscription at the end of the period to continue using the paid features. If your subscription lapses for a time, then you can still access all your old data upon resubscribing.Does Xbox Live Gold apply to all Microsoft platforms?
Yes, a single Xbox Live Gold subscription allows you to access the paid features from all supported Microsoft platforms, including a Windows computer, the Xbox 360, and all versions of the Xbox One, including the Xbox One S and Xbox One X. You can also manage your Xbox Live profile from your smartphone. The original Xbox is not supported.What are some features of Xbox Live Gold?
Xbox Live Gold is where the majority of the Xbox Live features reside. The exact features may vary between different platforms. The Xbox 360, for instance, lacks major features present on the Xbox One. For the purpose of Xbox Live Gold, all versions of the Xbox One share the exact same features.
- Online Multiplayer: Play with friends or strangers from all around the world in competitive or cooperative multiplayer games. MMOs also require Xbox Live Gold.
- Game DVR: Record up to five minutes of game video. This feature is only available on the Xbox One.
- Live Broadcasting: Stream live on Twitch or Mixer through the Xbox One webcam.
- Media Sharing: Upload your media to OneDrive or YouTube. This is only available on the Xbox One.
- Games with Gold: Microsoft offers free monthly digital games to both Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners. The games will remain permanently playable on an active gold account, but they will be locked for as long as your subscription lapses.
- Voice Chat and Messaging: Keep in touch with friends and family with the headset or Kinect sensor. You can also communicate in the game.