What Costumes Can I Buy for My XXL Dog?
Finding a pet costume for your X-Large, XXL, or XXXL pet may seem difficult, as costumes for smaller dogs are far more common. However, there are plenty of cute options available for your big dog too. Most costumes can often be placed over your dog's head or back, or be clipped to a collar or leash. Headpieces often have a band that goes underneath your dog's jaw.
What Types of XXL Dog Costumes Are Available?
Dog costumes vary greatly, from television and movie characters' costumes to human clothes like suits and ties.
- Television and Movie Costumes: Costumes include Darth Vader, Yoda, and AT-AT from Star Wars; superheroes such as Supergirl, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman; popular animated movie characters like Minions, Olaf from Frozen, and Moana; cartoon characters like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; and various other characters.
- Human Clothing: Dress your pup in a tuxedo, a hoodie, a Princess dress, or even a bridal dress. Add a bandana or hat, or attach a bowtie to your dog's collar. Your doggie will look dapper.
- Animals: Whether you want your dog to look like an adorable bunny, a bumble bee, or a fierce lion with a lion mane, costumes and accessories are available.
- Dinosaurs: Emphasize your dog's size with a stegosaurus, triceratops, or other dinosaur costume.
When Can I Dress Up My Dog?
Canine dress-up outfits are suitable for holidays and special events, as well as during cold weather.
- Halloween: Dog Halloween costumes are specially made to be worn during Halloween, though Halloween costumes can be used at any time of year.
- Christmas: Dress a pet as a snowman, an elf, Santa Claus, a Christmas tree, or a colorfully wrapped present.
- St Patrick's Day: Leprechaun and shamrock costumes can add some green to a big dog on St Patrick's Day.
- Winter: Dress your dog in clothing during winter to keep them warm.
What Are Some Group Costume Ideas?
If several pets need dressing up, group costumes are a fun idea.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Just by changing the color of the bandana, you can have any of the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, with red for Raphael, orange for Michelangelo, blue for Leonardo, and purple for Donatello.
- Justice League: Have a superhero team-up with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern.
What Options Are There for Homemade Costumes?
If finding a costume big enough for your dog proves difficult, consider using accessories to build your own costume. Many accessories can fit any size dog, and can be mixed and matched to suit any imagined style. Hats in particular come in a large array of varieties and can help finish off a homemade costume for a big pet.