Classic Games on Later Generation Consoles
Are you looking for games to add to your Xbox 360? Maybe you are already a fan of the Worms series and have such fond memories of playing when you were a kid that you want to introduce it to your own children? This game is a compilation of three Worms titles you can enjoy as a single-player against a computer opponent or with up to two other players.
What Is This Game About?
Worms is a bright animated cartoon-style game that combines the use of players' strategic skills with arcade type gameplay. Developers at Team 17 have released over twenty-five titles since 1995 in both 2D and 3D for different gaming platforms. The basic gameplay has these features.
- Players each manage their own team of worms. They compete against other players or a computer opponent to attack and kill individual worms in each other's teams using an assortment of different weapons and artillery. The game is turn-based.
- You destroy worms in three ways. They may die gradually through the deterioration of their health depending on the weapon they have been hit by, if they are thrown off the side of the arena, or if they enter the water.
- The landscape is deformable. This means that when weapons are used, part of the landscape may be destroyed or completely altered to the extent players need to constantly change their strategies and tactics to find a way to beat the opposing team.
- Missions are timed and leaderboards keep track of individual players' scores.
- Players earn coins as they complete missions, which are then used for unlocking bonus items.
- The audio is relatively light-hearted. The worms utter humorous and high-pitched catchphrases as they fight their battles. The background audio includes battlefield sounds and unobtrusive music.
What Are the Different Games in This Collection?
The Worms Collection released for the Xbox 360 in 2013 includes three complete games and six bonus downloadable content (DLC) packs. It has a rating of E10+ (everyone over the age of 10). The titles of the complete games are:
- Worms: This game is the can of worms where it all began! You can open your game in one of three random themes if you are playing with others. If you're a single-player, there is a selection of battle to choose from. Choose from twenty-two different weapons to beat your opponents.
- Worms 2 - Armageddon: This game version includes a bigger arsenal of weapons, more options to customize your single or multi-player campaigns, and higher definition landscapes and themes.
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem: This game combines two games - Worms 3D and Worms 4. style. For single players, there are over seventy different missions.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Microsoft or Team 17.