Women's Sheer Bikinis
Sheer styles of swimwear for women allow you to show off your assets while enjoying a visit to the beach or swimming pool. The sheer fabric of the swimsuit may be made of a mesh type of material or a fabric that becomes sheer or see-through after it gets wet. Most styles of sheer bikinis use only a small amount of fabric and strings for tying the swimsuit on.What materials are women's sheer bikinis made from?
- Nylon or chiffon mesh - Nylon mesh in tops offers some stretch to support your bosom. Chiffon mesh offers a silky appearance. Both types of mesh are loosely woven and can be sheer enough to expose the nipples and more even when the swimsuit is dry.
- Cotton or nylon lace - Cotton or nylon black or white lace provides visual interest to the sheer thong and swimwear top. The black or white lace triangle of the thong's back and crotch area is sheer when it is wet and dry. Black or white lace on the top of the swimwear also confers sheer properties.
- Polyester or polyamide - Polyester and polyamide can be woven loosely to create a sheer effect for the swimwear. These swimwear materials are stretchy and can be used in the bikini top or bottom.
- Choose the material - Choose from lace, mesh, chiffon, or polyester material that looks sheer when it is wet, dry, or both.
- Select a shape of top and bottom - Choose a string bikini top with triangular or rectangular coverings for the nipple area. A bandeau style is also available for these bikinis. For the bottom of the bikini, choose a sheer thong or G-string.
- Choose a color - Black is a classic color for beach swimwear. White and the full rainbow of colors are also available choices for women's bikinis.
A bikini that is sheer is typically designed to provide minimal coverage of the front and back of your body. It helps to take measurements of your chest, waist, and hips to choose the right size of swimwear. Most sheer styles of swimsuits have one size for the bikini bottom and one size for the bikini top.
For the top of the bikini, measure your chest under your breasts. This is the band width for the bikini. For the cup size of the swimsuit, measure around the fullest part of your bosom. Subtract the smaller number from the larger one. A 1 inch difference is an A cup for the bikini top. For each inch, choose the next larger bikini cup size. Some swimwear is simply sized in small, medium, or large. In this case, choose the same size of swimsuit as you would for the size of thong you usually wear. If you are between sizes, choose the next size up of swimsuit for enhanced comfort when swimming or lounging at the beach.