Women's Sequin Dresses
If you'd like to look stunning at a party, you can head out to your next event in a sequin dress. These dresses come in different lengths and have varying shapes and sizes. You can find one in the right size that has a flattering cut and a style that matches your own.What are some types of sequin dresses?
There are many dress styles to choose from including the following.
- A-line: With a skirt that widens towards the bottom, this type of sequin dress can make your waist appear slimmer no matter what your dress size is. A-line sequin dresses can be sleeveless, long sleeves, or half-sleeved.
- Empire: These have high waists and fitted bodices just under the bust. The skirt can be loose fitting.
- Halter: These can let you show off your shoulders and arms while also having a secure fit around your neck. This style of sequin dress could be appropriate for a causal party.
- Gown: Designed for a fancy affair, a gown dress could be sleeveless, long-sleeved, or anything in between. Something with sleeves and lace may be more commonly seen on women at winter balls or cocktail parties. Gowns are often made in gold, black, or silver.
- Off the shoulder: An asymmetrical look may go well with sequins.
- Bodycon: Bodycon dresses are form-fitting. They could be strapless, be a mini dress, or have long sleeves.
There is a wide variety of colors offered in sequin dresses. Some commonly seen colors include:
- White: White and shades of cream can really stand out in an elegant way.
- Black: Black is a traditional color and never goes out of style.
- Silver: Silver sequins can shimmer on the dance floor.
- Gold: A classic color, gold pairs well with sequins and beaded dresses.
If you want to go with sequins for a cocktail party, some factors to think about include:
- Weather: If it's a bit chilly outside, you could still wear a mini dress while covering your shoulders with a shawl, or you could wear a sequin dress with sleeves. Alternatively, you could wear a midi dress that would go below your knee.
- Venue: Are you going to be in a more rustic setting or in a swanky hotel bar? Whatever type of dress you have, you can jazz things up or tone things down with accessories and the way you wear your hair.
- Time of day: Evening parties are generally more upscale. If it's been specified that it's a formal event, consider a full-length dress, possibly with lace. Black sequins are sleek and are easy to pair with black heels, a small handbag, and jewelry.
Design is multi-faceted when it comes to apparel. In addition to cut and color, you can look for patterns or embellishments. Dresses can include tulle, tassels, ribbons, pleated or gathered material, interesting waistlines and hemlines, and lace to make them more unique.