How to Choose a Women's Satin Robe
The weekend is coming up and lounging around in sweatpants is not your thing. There's simply something about relaxing in a smooth, silky, satin robe. There are numerous considerations when choosing a satin robe for women, and you'll ultimately be glad you took the plunge.
What Are Some Satin Robe Colors and Styles?
The easiest way to begin choosing the right robe is to focus on the color, size, or style of robe you'd like.
- A satin robe comes in numerous lengths. You may desire a short robe that hits mid-thigh or a long robe that falls almost to the floor or to your ankles. Most satin robes close with a matching satin sash. Sizes also vary, spanning from women's to juniors' to plus-size options, so consult the manufacturer's site for a size chart.
- Choose a solid-colored robe from shades like black, ivory, pink, or red. These may feature embellishments like ruffles or lace trim on the bottom of the robe or on the sleeves.
- You can also select a patterned robe. A kimono robe has an Asian feel, with embroidery or floral patterns and a wrap design. Other design options include stripes, graphic designs, and prints that feature peacocks or butterflies. There are also bridal robes meant specifically for the bride to wear on her big day, with the word "Bride" embellished on the robe in crystals or sequins.
Which Brands Make Satin Robes for Women?
Another consideration when searching for the right intimates is to browse a variety of satin robe brands for women, with each brand offering numerous styles and designs.
- Natori is a brand that creates satin robes as well as pajamas, gowns, and other types of lingerie for women. It offers satin nightgowns and robes in floral prints, solid colors, and kimono-robe options.
- Victoria's Secret satin robes come in special editions, like the fashion show styles, as well as in solid colors, bridal designs, and styles from the Dream Angels line of intimates in long and short styles.
- For short satin robes that come in assorted colors and designs, including animal print as well as robes embellished with lace, opt for styles from Frederick's of Hollywood.
Can You Find Matching Satin Sleepwear?
You can create a luxurious look when you select a chemise or nightgown with a matching satin robe, and you can purchase these pieces separately or as a set.
- Some satin robes may come with a chemise. A chemise is a nightgown that is generally sleeveless and loose-fitting. They look like dresses and are usually low-cut.
- A pajama set comes with pajama pants or shorts with a matching button-down top, as well as with a satin wrap that ties the outfit together.
- A long robe may come with a satin or silk peignoir. A peignoir is a long gown that typically features lace, ruffles, or other adornments.
Consult manufacturer's site for size chart.