Women's Leopard CoatsLeopard coats are both stylish and functional. While making a fashion statement, you can stay warm and dry. Leopard coats can come in various styles, so you can find a fashion-forward jacket that can complement your apparel.
What are leopard coats made out of?
- Real Fur: Some coats are made out of genuine ocelot leopard fur, but most real fur coats use fur or hide from other animals. Coats can be made with calf hair, rabbit fur, or goat leather. Clothing manufacturers can pattern the real fur to mimic a leopard design.
- Polyester: Polyester is a material that's easy to maintain and very durable for a faux fur coat. Polyester can be printed to look like leopard fur and has the added benefit of an all-season garment.
- Cotton Blend: Cotton can be dyed to achieve any type of appearance. Different types of leopard designs can be found on cotton jackets. They usually have a spotted pattern with shades of brown, tan, and sometimes white or black to achieve a realistic look on a faux fur coat.
- Leopard Print Faux Fur Coat: With faux fur, you can get a realistic leopard print using synthetic materials. One of the upsides to using faux fur is the soft and fluffy texture of its fibers. A thick coat of material on the outside of faux fur leopard print has good insulating properties, and in many cases, it can feel natural. Faux fur leopard coats are often made out of a combination of acrylic and polyester. Some of them incorporate modacrylic.
What styles of leopard jackets are there?
Coats can be long or short, and they can be dressy or more casual. With a dark pair of sunglasses, a lapel pin, and some heels, you can finish off the overall look. These are some of the styles offered in leopard print:
- Trench coats: Trench coats have a longer length, giving you greater protection from cold or wet weather. These double-breasted jackets usually have wide lapels, pockets, and storm flaps. You may find a jacket with a leopard print belt or front buttons.
- Pea coats: These reach just a bit below your waist. Pea coats are made with a wool or wool-blend, which can be colored to have a leopard design. They are warm and can be lined with a solid or leopard print material.
- Blousons: This blouse-style coat is drawn in at the waist. It often has cuffs, waistbands, and a zippered front.
- Fleece jackets: Fleece jackets can come in leopard print. These faux leopard coats are warm, soft, and textured.
- Tunics: A leopard tunic jacket usually has button enclosures and full sleeves. Some tunics may have three-fourth sleeves and be more similar to a sweater.
- Blazers: You can dress things up with a leopard blazer. With sharp lines, a sleek shape, they can button up near the waist.