Women's Bobby Pins
Bobby pins are an incredibly useful hair accessory that have been used throughout history. You can use them to wear your hair down or create an elaborate updo with braids and twists. These versatile pins are suitable for all hair lengths and textures, making them a must-have hair accessory.
What are hair pins used for?
These versatile pins can be used to secure hair when engaging in activities, create a hairdo, or serve other practical purposes.
- Smooth back flyaways: To get a sleek ponytail or braid, try pinning back any short layers.
- Create hairstyles: French twists, ballerina buns, ponytail wraps, victory rolls, and braid crowns are just a few of the great hairstyles that can be made with hairpins.
- Form curls or waves: Keep hair in place while it sets to make straight hair curly or wavy. You can use pins with rollers, or skip the rollers and create finger waves.
- Paint your nails: The round, rubber tip can be used to dot paint onto your nails without denting previous layers of your manicure.
What are roller pins?
These are long, flat versions of bobby pins. They are used to hold curls in place around a roller while the hair sets. They often have a small grip at the end to prevent the pin from slipping. Since they do not need to match a person's hair color, these are typically black or bright colors.
How do you wear bobby pins?
Fun hairstyles are available to women who use hairpins. Remember that you should insert the wavy side of the bobby pin face down to grip securely and prevent sliding.
- Updos: Use bobby pins to twist your strands into a pretty bun.
- Half-Up Styles: Pull small sections away from your face, and use the bobby pin to secure the sections in the back. For added visual interest, braid the sections before pinning.
- Geometric Designs: Hairstyles can be decorated with triangles, chevrons, stars, criss-crosses, or other fun designs made from colorful hair accessories.
When was the hair pin invented?
People have been using metal sticks to keep their hairstyles in place since ancient times, and they are even found in ancient Egyptian tombs. Bobby pins as we know them were first created in 1899 by Luis Marcus. They were handmade.
How did the bobby pin get its name?
The history of bobby pins goes back to the 1920s when flappers started to use them to hold fashionably short hair back from the face while they danced. This fashion was called bobbed hair, so the items used to create the styles were named after the fashion.