Windows RT Tablets
Back in 2012, Microsoft released their Windows RT operating system. This operating system was designed solely for mobile tablets made by a number of manufacturers. They are designed to work exclusively with Windows architecture and tablets like the Asus VivoTab RT, the Microsoft Surface, and the Dell XPS 10.What is the RT operating system?
The Windows RT operating system is a mobile-enhanced operating system for Windows tablets. It is essentially a mobile operating system that offers many key desktop features. It has a desktop mode and looks and functions similar to Windows 8.What are the features of Windows RT?
Windows RT is designed for smaller and lighter PCs that utilize ARM processors. It comes preloaded in the tablets and cannot be installed separately. Windows Update and Windows Defender remain on perpetually. All apps are installed from the Windows Store, meaning they will be Microsoft approved.What are the features of Microsoft RT Surface tablets?
Windows RT tablets come with the following features:
- An operating system optimized for touch screens.
- Office RT, which contains touch-optimized desktop versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook.
- A light and mobile build, which makes them ideal for travel.
- A battery life that can extend over eight hours.
- A keyboard for the Surface.
- A variety of built-in apps like Mail, Calendar, Photos, and OneDrive. Many more apps are available via the Windows Store.
- Built-in cameras that can record video, take pictures, and be used for instant video chat.
- The OS has a full-feature file manager.
These tablets are compatible with a number of external machines, including printers, mice, keyboards, speakers, and other devices. Make sure any device you wish to connect to the tablet is compatible. The “Designed for Windows RT” logo designates these products. Windows RT tablets also have USB peripherals and accessories available for use. They are compatible with all Microsoft applications.What wireless and directional features do they have?
- Wi-Fi location
- Settings and data can be synced between your Windows RT device and other Windows devices.
- Fully supported cloud features
Windows RT was released on the following machines:
- The Asus VivoTab
- The Dell XPS 10
- The Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11
- The Microsoft Surface
Sleep is the default for shutdown. When the device goes to sleep, it uses little power, starts up faster, and you will be able to start up where you left off.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Microsoft.