Honda Element Window Motors Parts
Window motors play an important role in the operation of your Honda Element. When you need to select replacement window motors and parts for your vehicle, you have many options. However, it's important to understand a few details about these Honda Element parts.What is a window motor in an Element?
The window motor is a component in the regulator assembly for cars equipped with power windows. Within the door panels, the motor is connected to the window switches on the console. When you press each of the toggle switches, it raises and lowers the windows.What types of window motor assemblies are there?
Understanding the types of window motor assemblies can be helpful when you need to select a replacement for your Honda Element. Assemblies could be either of the following:
- Scissor type window motor assemblies are made completely of metal. The window motor turns a worm gear that moves the arms of the window regulator. The two arms will move closer together as the window is raised, similar to when a pair of scissors closes.
- Cable type window motor assemblies have a compact design that allows for other systems to be installed in the door panel. The metal tracks of the assembly, which are mounted vertically in the door, guide the window up and down. The window motor in this assembly moves the wire cables that are attached to a series of pulleys and pull the windows up and down.
Selecting replacement window motors can be overwhelming with the different replacement options for your Honda Element. Following these tips can be helpful in the selection process:
- Find window motors designed for your vehicle: You will want to know the make, model, and year of your vehicle. Sometimes, the manufacturer will change the parts used in the middle of a production year. Therefore, you may also need to know the production date. This information can be found inside the door frame of your car.
- Select a style of window motor assembly: If you select a different style than what was originally in your vehicle, you may need to make adjustments.
- Select a brand: You can choose from various OEM and aftermarket manufacturers that produce replacement Honda Element parts compatible with your vehicle.
When you need to choose replacement window motors or other components for your Honda Element, you have many options. If you’re looking for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts, you will want to select from replacement options produced by Honda. OEM parts are built to the same specifications as the factory-installed parts. You can also select from companies such as Dorman, TYC, Cardone Industries, and others that produce aftermarket replacements that are compatible with your Honda Element. Some aftermarket window motors will be a universal fit while others may be specific to the window, so you may need to make adjustments. There are many unbranded options as well.