Ford Focus Window Motors & Parts
The window motors in your power windows allow you to move the windows up and down with ease. Window motors get a lot of use in your Ford Focus, and you may need to replace them over time. There are many options available to purchase; here are some of the more common questions that may come up when searching for replacements.What types of window motors are available for your Focus?
There are two main types of window motors available for purchase.
- OEM or original equipment manufacturer parts are created by the manufacturer of the factory-installed parts of your Ford Focus. Depending on what year your Ford is, you may be able to purchase new replacements. Used Ford window regulators are also an option and will be taken from another Ford Focus. If you see used window regulators that have been remanufactured, these have been rebuilt by a factory to replace worn or broken parts. With Ford parts, you have a guarantee that the replacement will be compatible with your car.
- Aftermarket parts will come from any manufacturer other than Ford. One advantage of aftermarket replacements is that you have a wider selection to choose from. Aftermarket companies produce replacement window regulators at the same standards as the Ford manufacturer. When searching for aftermarket options, you can purchase the individual piece that you need or a full replacement kit.
When selecting window motors and regulators for your Ford Focus, you have various options. Here are some tips to consider when searching.
- Search for the parts by using your vehicle information like the make and model. In some cases, Ford may change the motors used in your vehicle, so you may need to know the production year. This will make sure that you’re getting a compatible power window motor.
- Decide between original equipment manufacturer and aftermarket power window motors. If you’re searching with your Ford Focus information, you can filter results to find Ford and aftermarket options that meet your needs.
- Keep note on which window motor you need to replace as each window is set up differently. For example, if you need replacement parts for the driver's side window, you will search for different specifications than for the passenger's side.
When you need to replace the motor or window regulator, there are many options available for a new one. OEM parts will be branded by Ford. Some aftermarket brands include Dorman, Bosch, and Motorcraft.How do window regulators work in your Ford Focus?
Window regulators work alongside the motor to open and close the windows of your Focus. Some can be programmed to be automatic, and power window regulators are controlled by switches on your door.