Wigs and Hairpieces
Wigs and hairpieces are a fast, convenient, discreet way to make your hair look fuller and longer in no time at all. They also come in handy when you want to change your look frequently or create a unique, red-carpet look for a special event. Following are five questions and answers to consider before making a selection.Are men's and women's lace front wigs similar?
Although the styles and shapes may differ, the lace front wig has the same benefits for men and women. The lace falls over the top of your forehead, creating a look that resembles a natural hairline. Some lace front wigs require a dash of adhesive to remain in place. Others, known as temple-to-temple, fall naturally over the top of your forehead without the need for adhesive.How do you wash human hair wigs?
To keep your human hair fresh and fierce:
- Fill a large bowl or small basic sink with cool water.
- Add 1 to 2 ounces of human hair wig shampoo to the water.
- Soak your wig in this solution for roughly three to five minutes.
- Gently swish the hair around for about a minute. Use a clean toothbrush and a bit of hand soap to scrub any cosmetic buildup out of the hairline. Remove the hair and blot it with a clean towel to remove excess water.
- Dry it under a bonnet dryer, or let it air dry. Follow the same instructions for synthetic wigs, except use a shampoo formulated to clean synthetic hair.
A wig cap comes in handy if you have long hair. It keeps your tresses contained, eliminating rogue "bumps" that make styles look uneven. You can also comb or brush your long hair to distribute it evenly and then pin it flat. For shorter hair, simply comb or brush your hair and tuck it behind your ears.What are yaki and remy?
Remy refers to a product collected directly from a human donor, typically a single donor, resulting in consistent texture. Remy is also referred to as cuticle, cut, or virgin. The hair is not chemically treated, and its roots and tips run in the same direction. This makes the product receptive to dye, so you can change the product's deep hue and highlights, cut it, and style it. Remy comes from all over the world, and the product's title often identifies its origin.
While Remy indicates a harvesting process, Yaki indicates a texture evoking Afro-Caribbean hair. As a result, Yaki Remy is not uncommon, but Yaki may also be high-quality artificial material treated to feel real. Deciding on one is entirely a matter of preference.Where do you store wigs and hairpieces properly?
Store your wig on a wig stand in a clean place, away from high humidity, excessive heat, and dust. Except when traveling, don't store your wig in a box or a plastic bag.