Wheels for Chevrolet Corvette
The wheels on any car can add to the overall aesthetic and allow you to drive wherever you want to go. The rim diameter size options available with these wheels extends from 10-30 inches. These wheels are manufactured by a wide range of brands that include Ace Alloy, American Racing, and Lexani.What are some of the color options with these wheels?
The standard color option available with these wheels is silver, although there are a range of additional colors available for you to select, the most common of which include black and bronze. Some of the additional color options that you can choose include white, red, and anthracite. A selection of these wheels come in multiple colors with such combinations as silver and black.What is a bolt pattern on a wheel?
This term refers to the diameter of an invisible circle that is created by the centers of the wheel lugs. The patterns can include four, five, six, or eight lugs, although the average wheel uses a five-lug pattern. The diameter is measured in millimeters. The pattern is then identified. For example, 5x20 means that there are five bolts and the diameter of the imaginary circle is 120 millimeters. Each make and model of a vehicle has its own bolt pattern requirements.What are some factors involved with buying wheels?
When you are considering the selection of one or more wheels, there are a few considerations to take into account, which is why these guidelines can be of some assistance.
- Select a spoke design: Review the design of the spokes and how many there are in order to be sure of the proper fit.
- Select a type of wheel: OEM wheels are produced by the original manufacturer of your vehicle. Aftermarket wheels are produced by other companies. Some wheels are unbranded, which means that they have not been made by a specific brand.
- Select a wheel size: Determine what wheel sizes you can place on your vehicle and determine which rim diameters and widths are compatible with the vehicle in question.
- Select a color: The colors that are available with these wheels extend from black to silver.
- Select a rim material: The primary materials used in the creation of these rims include steel and aluminum.
- Chrome: This is a type of plating that can be added to a wide range of different wheels. It is comprised of a thin layer of a chromium material that comes in a bright, silvery color.
- Aluminum: This is a lightweight metal that is comprised of a silver-gray color. It is combined with other lightweight metals to create an aluminum alloy.
- Steel: This is a heavy metal that is an alloy of both iron and carbon and comes in a gray or bluish-gray color. This type of wheel usually comes in silver.