Ford F-150 Wheel Center Caps
Your Ford F-150 can benefit considerably from wheel center caps. There are many different designs for you to choose from. Exploring the options will make it easier for you to choose a cap that fits your style and Ford F-150.What are wheel center caps?
Center caps for a Ford are the small caps that cover the middle part of the wheel. These are different than wheel covers, as they don't generally cover the entire wheel. The purpose of the center caps is to cover the bolts that go over the wheel stem, holding the tire in place on the truck's axle. Without a cover, the bolts could rust, making it harder for them to be removed. Wheel center caps aren't necessary for the truck to function, but they are responsible for providing protection as well as aesthetics.What are the various designs?
There are all sorts of different styles available for wheel center caps. This allows you to customize your car as you desire.
- Ford logo
There are various materials used to make wheel center caps. It's important to choose a material that is durable enough for where you will be driving your truck.
- Carbon fiber
Truck caps generally have clips on the bottoms. They will clip into place on the frame of the wheel. Some styles involve screwing them into place so that they are less likely to fall off. It will depend on the details of the wheel. You should always follow instructions to ensure that they are installed properly.How do you choose center caps that will fit?
Buying center caps for your Ford F-150 is a simple process. Not all wheel center caps will fit all wheels, however. So you will need to review a few details before making a purchase.
- Ford model year: Review the model year to get a cap that fits.
- Wheel type: The size of the rim as well as the number of spokes will impact the cap you buy.
- Coverage: Determine if you want a small wheel cap or a complete wheel cover.
- Quantity: You can buy a single one to make a replacement or an entire set to upgrade from your existing ones.
- OEM or aftermarket: You can buy a Ford OEM part or one of the different aftermarket brands.