Dodge Challenger Wheel Center Caps
Wheel center caps add a nice look to your Dodge Challenger. If the caps are lost or damaged, you will want to replace them. Learning about the options available will make it easier for you to shop for replacements.What are wheel center caps?
Wheel center caps are the small caps found in the very center of the vehicle's wheel. They go over the lug nuts on the wheel and are designed to protect those parts. Without the cap, dirt and water could get into the lug nuts, leading to rust and corrosion. Should that happen, it will be difficult to get the lug nuts off of the wheel stems when changing a tire. The center caps also serve aesthetic purposes, allowing you to change them out from what was factory installed to suit your own personal style.What are some of the available materials?
The materials used to make center caps for a wheel can vary. You should choose a material that is strong enough to withstand the elements that are common in the area where you drive your Dodge Challenger on a regular basis, whether it's snow, mud, sandy and dusty conditions, and more. Some of the materials center caps are made from include the following, and each has their own advantages.
- Carbon fiber
- Steel alloy
You will find plenty of designs and other options for wheel center cap replacements for your Dodge Challenger, allowing you to show off your individual personality through your car. The options below are just a sampling of what’s available.
- Dodge logo caps let you show your pride in driving a Dodge.
- Colored enamel caps let you pick and choose a unique color that makes your car stand out from the crowd.
- Solid metal caps give your car a sleek and sporty look.
- Spokes can give your car a bit of an upscale look.
- Emblems of engine types, sports teams, or organizations can let you show off your personal interests.
Installing center caps on your Dodge Challenger is simple. You will first need to remove the existing caps. This is easily done by lifting up on the edge of the disk. If it is too difficult to lift, you can use a flathead screwdriver. Next, clean the center hole to remove dust, dirt, and moisture. You're then ready to put the new center caps on. Depending on the design, you may need to line it up with the valve stem. Using just a little force as you press, it should go on easily.What should you look for in center caps for Challengers?
When you're ready to buy Dodge hubcaps, there are a few things to take into consideration, including the following.
- Quantity: You can buy a single replacement or a complete set of four if you’re changing the look.
- Wheel sets: You can buy just the cap or a set of caps and wheel covers at the same time.
- OEM or aftermarket: Determine if you want genuine Dodge parts or aftermarket ones made for your Challenger’s model year and trim level.