Cadillac Escalade EXT Wheel Center Caps
The Cadillac Escalade EXT is a luxury pickup truck that offers a sleek look, great towing capabilities, and a smooth ride, making it a great everyday truck. Wheel center caps may be small, but they add to the overall aesthetics of your vehicle. There are many Cadillac Escalade wheel center caps to choose from, varying in design, material, color, and more, ensuring that you can find a great option for your Escalade.How do you replace wheel center caps on an Escalade?
Replacing the center caps on the wheel of your Cadillac Escalade EXT is a simple task that you can do at home. The process of installing these accessories may vary slightly depending on the specific hubcaps you have and the accessories you will be installing.
- Many vehicles require you to take off the entire wheel to remove the old wheel center cap, but on most, this piece can simply be popped off using a pry tool or flathead screwdriver. If you want to keep the old cap, use caution when removing it to make sure that it doesn't dent or crack.
- Grab your new cap and line it up in the desired position on the wheel over the hubcap. Simply push the cap inwards until it clicks in place. You may need to use some force to do this.
These center cap parts serve a mainly aesthetic purpose, adding a unique touch to your Cadillac and covering the large lugs that are visible from the center of the hubcap. However, in covering these lugs, the caps help protect these metal pieces from the dirt and water that may cause them to rust in the long run. If your center caps become damaged or fall off, it is not required to replace them, but for looks and extra protection, it’s a good idea.What are center caps made out of?
Center caps may be made from a variety of materials, providing various looks for your Cadillac Escalade wheels. Each type has its own benefits. Older caps can be found in a variety of metals, such as stainless steel and copper. Contemporary center caps are often made of plastics and lighter metals, such as aluminum and chrome. There are also somewhat rare varieties that may be made of materials such as wood and fiberglass.How do you pick the right center caps?
To make sure that you get center caps that fit your Cadillac Escalade EXT:
- Take measurements of the depth and inner and outer diameter of the old center cap. You can also find options that fit by searching based on the model and year of your Escalade EXT and the wheel size.
- Consider the material you want and weigh the benefits of each one.
- Make your decision after looking at the design of the wheel center cap for your Cadillac Escalade. These parts come in a variety of colors, with logos, custom emblems, and features, including spikes, spinners, and more.