Expand Your Sound with Wharfedale Bookshelf Home Speakers and Subwoofers
Wharfedale is a British audio equipment manufacturer that was founded in 1932. This UK company produces Wharfedale speakers in a wide variety of audio, surround sound, and theater styles. Find bookshelf speakers and subwoofers made by this brand that fit your home.What are bookshelf speakers?
Bookshelf speakers are small speakers that usually measure less than 24 inches high. See the manufacturer site for details. These speakers are so named for their ability to be placed on the shelves of bookcases. These speakers produce a full range of sound and may be considered as an alternative to tower speakers for space-constricted areas. Most bookshelf speakers made by this brand are installed in hardwood cases.What types of bookshelf speakers does this brand offer?
This company produces a wide variety of different types of full-range speakers. A few of the options offered include:
- Wharfedale Diamond: Diamond speakers consist of a black wooden case with silver-rimmed speakers installed inside. A black mesh screen covers the speakers. Each Wharfedale Diamond speaker contains a large mid-range speaker and a small tweeter. The tweeter is partially ensconced within the rim of the mid-range speaker.
- Opal: Opal speakers are usually sold as a pair. They consist of a tweeter and a mid-range speaker that is contained within a plastic case. The tweeter is contained within an oval cutout. These bookshelf speakers may be gray in color.
- Denton: The Denton series was one of the first types of bookshelf speakers made by this brand. These bookshelf speakers are somewhat larger than other similar speakers made by this brand, and they may be contained within a mahogany case.
- Delta: The speakers in the Delta series are considerably larger than most bookshelf speakers. They stand about 26 inches high, and they may be covered by a gray mesh material. See the manufacturer site for details.
- Laser: The Laser series is a vintage type of speaker. These speakers may be small enough to fit on a bookshelf with room to spare.
Consider the following steps to install bookshelf speakers made by this company in your home or commercial space:
- Pick a location to install the speakers. If you want to install your speakers on the wall, install appropriate wall mounts in the desired locations.
- Attach speaker wire to the back of your speakers. Speakers made by this brand have wire orifices for positive and negative wires.
- Place the speakers in the desired locations. If you are using wall mounts, securely bolt the speakers to the mounts.
- Run the speaker wire to your stereo receiver. Insert the wires into the pertinent slots.
- Turn on the stereo receiver and play audio from an audio or video device to test the speakers. Adjust the sound of the bass audio as necessary.