Wedding Guest Dresses
Once you get the invite in the mail, it’s time to decide on what you will be wearing to the wedding. The number one thing not to wear is white, that is for the bride. However, you want to dress up and look your best so that when the bride and groom look out at their guest, they see a venue full of sharp-dressed family and friends. Below are some wedding guest dress ideas to help you look your best on that special day.
What style of dress do you wear to a wedding?
- A-line - It’s called an A-line due to the A shape that is formed by the dress being smaller at the hips and wider at the hem.
- Pencil - The sleek look of a pencil skirt can be found in the form of a dress. Often thought of as business attire, it’s a stylish look for any wedding.
- Sweater - You may think a sweater dress is too casual for a wedding guest but with the proper knitting, color, and fit it is elegant enough to be worn as an evening wedding guest dress.
What are popular patterns found on dresses at a wedding?
- Floral - Subtle, small blooms break up the look of clothing without being overpowering. For spring weddings, bolder floral prints are a nice way to welcome the change of seasons.
- Stripes - Colorful stripes are a fun way to brighten up any outfit. One thing you want to look for when choosing a dress is whether or not you will get additional wear out of it once the wedding is over.
- Solid Colors - Sometimes the right answer to what pattern to pick is none. A solid, light blue dress for wedding guest is perfectly OK for both casual and formal weddings. What’s more, you can’t go wrong wearing a ‘’little black dress.’’
What are the different lengths for a wedding guest dress?
- Short - Above the knee is fine, but you do want to be careful that it isn’t too short or tight. You don’t want to take attention away from the bride.
- Knee length - Hitting right at the knee is appropriate for any wedding including summer, winter, outside, or church. It’s modest without completely covering you up.
- Full length - A maxi dress for wedding guest is a comfortable way to attend an outside wedding, especially a fall or spring wedding when the weather might be a little cooler than expected.