Finding the Perfect Wedding Dress
When you have the big day ahead of you, you'll want to find the right wedding dress that will help you look and feel beautiful. There are various styles of wedding dresses available on eBay, and many of them are used but in great condition. Going with a used wedding dress can allow you to get more for your money.What silhouettes do wedding dresses have?
Wedding dresses are unique in that they come in many different shapes, or silhouettes. Here are some of the choices you'll see for new or used wedding dresses for sale:
- Ball gown - eBay wedding ball gowns have fitted bodices and full skirts. The sillouette makes the waist look smaller and is quite elegant.
- Sheath - This type of dress follows your body's shape. The dress has long and straight lines that can give you an appearance of greater height. Many sheath dresses are modern and minimalist, but there are also some eBay used wedding dresses with classic embellishments.
- Mermaid - The mermaid dress with an hourglass shape has a slim fit from the bodice through the hips. Then, it flares out at the bottom, either at the mid-thigh or around your knees.
- A-line - A-line dresses are classy, with a trim fit on top and a skirt that gradually widens. It's a popular look among women trying to find eBay wedding dresses.
- Short - Tea-length dresses are whimsical, fun, and more casual than the others. Those interested in cheap used wedding dresses will have better luck looking in this category.
When searching for a wedding dress for sale, you'll see several types of fabrics, such as:
- Lace - This open-weave fabric is very feminine and is often used as the top layer. Chantilly, corded, and guipure are some different types of lace.
- Chiffon - This fabric flows well and gives an ethereal look, making it suited for spring and summer weddings. You'll often see sheath and short wedding dresses for sale made out of chiffon.
- Organza - A bit stiffer than chiffon, organza can provide more structure. It's more commonly seen in formal gowns.
- Tulle - A type of netting used in dresses, it can be layered to create more volume.
- Satin - It has elegant luster as well as some structure.
There are many possibilities in terms of the train for new or used wedding dresses. You could see:
- Sweep train - These trains usually have a length between 6 and 12 inches.
- Chapel train - About 2 feet in length, the chapel train is one of the most common trains.
- Cathedral train - A cathedral train extends several feet, up to 7 or 8 feet long.