Experience Classic VR Games With the Virtual Boy Console
Nintendo developed the Virtual Boy as an early precursor to virtual reality gaming hardware. Although it uses a viewfinder and a game controller, the company offered the Virtual Boy as a table-top console system. You can explore the features, benefits, and game library of this system on eBay.How does the console work?
The Virtual Boy uses a 32-bit display to produce 3D graphics with enhanced depth. A stereoscopic technique allows you to view the graphics in the game as though you are a part of the experience. The system has a viewfinder for your eyes, but it is shaped like a gaming console. You do not need to wear it like a headset to get the full Virtual Boy experience. Simply place the console on a table and rest your eyes against the viewfinder to experience a game. A parallax visual effect creates depth for the games. A small tripod stand allows you to put the Virtual Boy on a table.How do you interact with the games?
The Virtual Boy uses a controller that is similar to handheld controllers for other game consoles. This is your primary interface with the system. The controller has two grips for your hands and various inputs you can use to play the game. These inputs are:
- Buttons: The controller's buttons include two red 'A' and 'B' buttons and two gray buttons to start games or select options.
- D-pads: There is one four-direction pad on either side of the controller that you can use to control in-game characters.
Nintendo released a total of 22 titles for the platform. Several versions of the Virtual Boy that you will find on eBay include at least a few of these games with your purchase. Some games that might be included with your Virtual Boy are listed here:
- Mario's Tennis
- Galactic Pinball
- Funky Bowling
- Wario Land
- Red Alarm
There are just a few steps you need to complete in order to use your console:
- Position the stand: Open the legs on your stand until you hear them click into place. Position the stand on an appropriate surface.
- Attach the system: Find the mount on the Virtual Boy and place it in the clamp on the stand. Rotate the system down to secure it in place.
- Connect the controller: Plug the controller into the system firmly.